GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Z51 Dyno Test

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
what DO you find impressive at that price point exactly? have you driven a C6 or other recent vette (z06, GS)?

T is for TURBO

Ready to race!
what DO you find impressive at that price point exactly? have you driven a C6 or other recent vette (z06, GS)?

I find the 1M to be impressive. But that's not my point. I never said I didn't find the car impressive at all, just not as much as everyone else. And mainly, I don't find the power output terribly impressive coming from a huge 6.2L. Have I ever driven one? no. But I have been around plenty to know what they are capable of. There is no need to make it sound like I hate the car, because I don't. I just don't go full candy corn every time I see one.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I find the 1M to be impressive. But that's not my point. I never said I didn't find the car impressive at all, just not as much as everyone else. And mainly, I don't find the power output terribly impressive coming from a huge 6.2L. Have I ever driven one? no. But I have been around plenty to know what they are capable of. There is no need to make it sound like I hate the car, because I don't. I just don't go full candy corn every time I see one.

it's 460hp/460tq in a 3200/3300lb car that handles and outbreaks the last Z06.. how is that not somewhat impressive?

1M.. good luck buying one under $60K.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Me I guess? I could care less about fuel mileage on a performance car.
Plus, It gets it's high MPGs by using cylinder deactivation. So it is becomes a 4 cylinder when achieving those numbers. Look at the city fuel mileage...

I'm not ragging on the car one bit. I'm sure it's fun as hell, but I just don't find it to be as impressive as the rest of the world I guess?

The previous gen corvettes already got great MPG it has little to do with cylinder deactivation. It has to do with the fact that it revs at 1500 at 75mph and is shaped like a wedge. Superior aerodynamics etc. The cyl deactivation is a newer feature...

If you don't care about MPG then who gives a fk about displacement #s? MPG is at least somewhat important Displacement is just a # on paper. The LS3 and LT1 are light as fuck as well, and really non complicated.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion

The Current LS3 weighs 415lbs makes 430/hp430tq
The N54 in the BMW weighs 450 lbs or so is overly more complex less reliable and makes less power, and is less efficient...

T is for TURBO

Ready to race!
The power to weight is impressive. The power per liter is not.

People were making that kind of power out of 350s years ago with carburetors and old tech.

excelevant

Go Kart Champion
The Current LS3 weighs 415lbs makes 430/hp430tq
The N54 in the BMW weighs 450 lbs or so is overly more complex less reliable and makes less power, and is less efficient...

I'd say that a turbocharger is less complex than cylinder deactivation but the reliability of the LS models previously equipped with this technology would probably negate the argument... what other technology does a 1M have that the C7 doesn't?

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
The power to weight is impressive. The power per liter is not.

People were making that kind of power out of 350s years ago with carburetors and old tech.

agreed, but no one cares. Reliable ass big power and....

Probably a bunch of useless crap than is not needed... Why? Because German.

agreed.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I've driven a few V8 M3's... weird. Third gear was orgasmic, but I dunno.. would take me a while to get used to that powerband.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
I'd say that a turbocharger is less complex than cylinder deactivation but the reliability of the LS models previously equipped with this technology would probably negate the argument... what other technology does a 1M have that the C7 doesn't?

Just look it up, I am tired of arguing for the obvious :laugh:

LS3 vs N54

N54 has direct injection which is less reliable
2 turbos, with waste gates that fail
2 fuel pumps vs 1
DOHC vs SOHC
4 valves per cylinder vs 2

OHC vs single cam and push rods

etc etc etc

The LS3 is a masterpiece when it comes to simplicity/power and reliability.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I'm gonna go out right now and buy a corvette, goddamnit.