GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Nashville chat........

red_stapler

Ready to race!
Congrats! My twin.
Looking for new wheels too? If tracking maybe think 17" and light wheels. Usually cheaper too.
I like corvette park in bowling green. Great track and close.
Where and what events have you done?

Thanks! I'll eventually be getting new wheels (really want Lagunas), for now the Detroits will have to do with some summer tires.

I was a pretty regular autocrosser from 2000-2011 or so, starting off in Pittsburgh in a Neon ACR, then moving here to Nashville in 2006 and switching to a NA Miata. I've also done a bunch of course work / instructing with the Music City Mustang Club and Tracksunlimted when they ran at the Superspeedway. Speaking of which, Dover is opening the track up to clubs again, so there will be events there in the fall.

I'm hoping to go to Bowling Green and AMP sometime next year once I have the budget to properly sort out the brakes for the faster tracks. I also want to drive on the finished South course at Pittsburgh Raceway.

This seems like forever ago:

poweredbyg60

Ready to race!
sounds good. what do you think of autocross vs track? sounds like you have time at both. i have 14 track days and autocross (to me) seems wouldn't be as fun.
cheaper i think.

red_stapler

Ready to race!
what do you think of autocross vs track? sounds like you have time at both.

I think they're unique enough that someone can find the fun in both. Autocross is all about only having a couple quarters to get the high score, so you have to find 100% very quickly. Trackdays are more about having high speed fun in a safe environment.

I like drag racing too, scratches that stoplight battle itch.

ruervyn

Passed Driver's Ed
hey guys, I'll be moving soon and I have a few parts up for sale from my 2013 GTI. I wanted to give you guys the first dibs since I prefer to sell them local. PM me if you're interested.

KW V2 coilovers (only fronts, rear were shot) - ~15k miles - $200
stock airbox (CBFA) - 25k Miles- $50
stock front and rear sway bars (including endlinks) - 30k miles - $100
4x Detroits with stock pirelli p zero nero 225/40/18 - threads are in good condition. $400 (not willing to split)

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
Hi Nashville folks. This weekend I picked up a '12 DSG. I wanted shadow blue, so I had to drive to Atlanta to get it!

Looking forward to getting some real tires and doing Autox/HPDE events again!

Nice! My favorite door/color/light/transmission of the Mk6s.
May be biased in this advice but I'd recommend some paint matched market lights and LED Euro tail lights Really makes it stand out from the other GTIs.

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
Well APR not longer has a Nashville dealer. A tad frustrated the closest tuner is 80+ miles away.

BringerOdeath

Ready to race!

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
Thanks! What the heck are market lights?

Marker*

They made the bumper look like the European cars. Same goes for the LED tail lights. Once you get used to those two things they stand out on every car without em. Blue will probably match better than United grey.

Last edited:

red_stapler

Ready to race!
http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1576296Welcome to the GTI world! If you need any coding doen on your car, I have a canbus cable and can do it for you. :)

Thanks! I'll have to take you up on that sometime.

They made the bumper look like the European cars. Same goes for the LED tail lights. Once you get used to those two things they stand out on every car without em. Blue will probably match better than United grey.

Ah, I'm a huge fan of the LED tails, but I actually like the look of the side marker.

In other news, I think my new autocross numbers look great:

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
Thanks! I'll have to take you up on that sometime.

Ah, I'm a huge fan of the LED tails, but I actually like the look of the side marker.

In other news, I think my new autocross numbers look great:

Very cool! Where do you AutoX?

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion

BringerOdeath

Ready to race!
May need to take you up on the VAGCOM!

Sure thing, just shoot me a PM. Does anyone in the area have an extra 225/40/R18 tire laying around with some tread left on it? I need one so I can have a full sized spare since the metal 17 in our trunks wont fit over my brembos.....

Jared32

Ready to race!
I do but I'm 2 hrs north of there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BringerOdeath

Ready to race!
I do but I'm 2 hrs north of there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well crap! If you ever come down here around the middle TN area, bring the tire down! I just got new S-04 tires and I planned to use one of my old tires with the best tread. Sadly, bot of those had nails and screws in them! :(

The led Tails transform the rear of our cars. Whether you get the OEM or zika/depot tails, they look EXPONENTIALLY better!

Revolver, do you get bulb out errors for your side markers still?

Currently I am trying to install an OEM style reverse camera and I can't find a constant 12V power source that will power the camera and the latch or a trigger wire area that works to pop the camera out..... I connected it to my Eonon android head unit I installed recently....