GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DSG reflashed on tuned car. Important or not?

Djunited1

Go Kart Champion
my 2010MY never had a dsg update for it. besides a slipping clutch pack, it was fine. i will be getting a stage 3 dsg reflash though.

Dave10781

Go Kart Champion
can you expand more on this? I've asked a few times and never got an answer. Just wondering, cos I've never heard this before , nor heard of any improvements/updates done by VAG.

This is all behavior in D mode, but my 2011 DSG would try to start from 2nd gear at a near stop (1-4 mph) which would cause a major bog (I guess it thought it was mated to a v8). This was especially bad when needing to make a quick unprotected left turn. When decelerating to around 10 mph and then getting back on the gas, it would decide to slip the clutch like crazy into 3rd gear (More bogging as well). These may seem like minor things, but were very common cases.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
ah.. im assuming this was done via DSG flash updates by dealers then.

A3SBQ

Ready to race!
Thanks guys.
This helps a lot. So I won't get an extra 100nm+ torque from the DSG flash then.
How come APR gets to over right the stock tresh hold value and others dont?
UniTronic have there DSG at $550
What about HPA? They have more stages and at a lot higher price?

My car is from 2009 and don't have any problems.
But I can feel its not inn the correct gear after the K04 installed. This is probably the sw has been written for an different torque curve.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
are you driving in manual mode or D?

A3SBQ

Ready to race!
Mostly D. But if I want to clear out the pipes I use M. If I'm lazy I use S

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
that's probably why... D. I typically drive aggressively only in M mode.

S mode is like if someone sprinkled PCP dust on your car.....

s word

Ready to race!
I find it interesting that many people posting here are saying it would be worth it for a lesser price. How many of you have driven your car with a DSG tune? Because price is relative. I feel the tune was worth the price I paid if not worth more because of the driveability and other issues that were resolved. YES true that APR Stage IIIs out there don;t have the tune and neither did I for a long time of my K04 ownership. But having the DSG tune has really changed the way the car is connected. My car is way more enjoyable to drive and the things that were destroying my DSG have now stopped. So very worth it to me.

Mr.President

Ready to race!
You should note that the DSG tune lifts the stock 350Nm restrictions on the DSG, physically it can handle a lot more torque.

On another note the Stage 2 DSG tune is a priceless match-up with going K04.

col-buddy-greenleaf

Ready to race!
I find it interesting that many people posting here are saying it would be worth it for a lesser price. How many of you have driven your car with a DSG tune? Because price is relative. I feel the tune was worth the price I paid if not worth more because of the driveability and other issues that were resolved. YES true that APR Stage IIIs out there don;t have the tune and neither did I for a long time of my K04 ownership. But having the DSG tune has really changed the way the car is connected. My car is way more enjoyable to drive and the things that were destroying my DSG have now stopped. So very worth it to me.

Agreed, I dropped a chunk of cash on the HPA stage 2 dsg tune after a year of driving with my k04, and I would do it again in a heartbeat. I am now 10k miles on the dsg tune and it is great, should have been this way from the factory

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

A3SBQ

Ready to race!
I am 100% sure that it's worth it. Have all ready bought it but not installed it yet.
I'll come back with info later on.

My reason for starting this thread was to see if the tune opens up the torque limit the gear box is holding allowing the engine perform better.
I though torque was held back due to limit in the sw of the DSG.

All other benefit the new tune is giving is a must and worth the money I am sure on that.
It makes the car better so it's must be good.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
I am 100% sure that it's worth it. Have all ready bought it but not installed it yet.
I'll come back with info later on.

My reason for starting this thread was to see if the tune opens up the torque limit the gear box is holding allowing the engine perform better.
I though torque was held back due to limit in the sw of the DSG.

All other benefit the new tune is giving is a must and worth the money I am sure on that.
It makes the car better so it's must be good.

come on man..... how bout you actually experience it before talking about how good it is.

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
I have heard that it puts more stress on the DSG.

I don't want higher rpm or faster shifts or removal of kick down switch (I like it)..and I already have the gear display from factory (euro spec)..

All I was is higher shift points in D mode for making use of my k04 power….right now I am in Manual mode unless sitting in traffic..

Dave10781

Go Kart Champion
come on man..... how bout you actually experience it before talking about how good it is.

When you had it, were your light acceleration shift points changed on all the gears? I figure it would be better to not shift down to 1,400-1,500 RPM if someone has a k04.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
When you had it, were your light acceleration shift points changed on all the gears? I figure it would be better to not shift down to 1,400-1,500 RPM if someone has a k04.

as i remember, all my gears shifted a bit later under light throttle. maybe 750-1000 rpms higher.