GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Possible new Stage 1 file from APR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fredf

Go Kart Champion
I just got home and had a great long drive with the "new" beta file. It is so, so smooth. The throttle response feels much more like my MK7 which I really enjoy. I'm even more impressed than I already was.

That's great to here. I believe you had sone issues when you posted way back in this thread.
Are those issues now resolved with the 'new beta'?

realcyberbob

Go Kart Champion
I just got home and had a great long drive with the "new" beta file. It is so, so smooth. The throttle response feels much more like my MK7 which I really enjoy. I'm even more impressed than I already was.

Stage 1 or 2? Good to hear!

[Old User]

Go Kart Champion
Ok, i'm going to make this easier for people who haven't been following the thread but are looking for info (not being a dick just compiling details)
1.) the update itself is free. labor is up to your installer
2.) updates are port flashed, as are initial tunes as well
3.) there are separate tunes for stock intake vs. aftermarket intake
4.) you can mix and match between maps with regard to stock or aftermarket intake, test pipes & o2 readiness, etc
5.) the recent 24AX ECM update will be supported with the APR update, as will non updated ECM's
6.) both the new stage 1 and stage 2 files make hella power, stock clutches are even less likely to last then before
7.) NLS and launch limiter will be available for 99$ each
8.) there will not be a different file for catless vs. race cat (100, 200, 300 or 400 cell) on stage 2 tunes
9.) yes, you should get an upgraded intercooler
10.) yes, you should get an upgraded clutch
11.) the launch limiter is catalyst friendly, so no, you won't be shooting huge flames like an open wastegate supra running ALS
12.) for DSG guys, there is an updated TCU file coming out to go with the new ECU

/thread

Last edited:

Irishbri

Go Kart Champion
Status
Not open for further replies.