GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI MK6 APR K04 vs WS6 TRANS AM..video!

dallen13

Ready to race!
Probably "I'm stock bro"

Just because its modded doesn't mean it's running properly. Could have 200,000 miles on motor. Inb4 someone tries to convince me a ls1 is as reliable as random Honda motor.

Zonaglxy

Ready to race!
Probably "I'm stock bro"

I know it's hard for you big tough V8 guys to comprehend but you do lose on occasion modded or not. Maybe the guy spun first and couldn't make up the distance. Maybe he sucked at driving. Maybe his car wasn't running right. Just enjoy the video acknowledge the fact that the trans am lost without making excuses for him.

On a side note, a good running cammed trans am will likely trap 117-119 mph in the quarter and hit 11's with drag radials. This was a roll race so the trap speed is the only thing to consider. If OP got a 1 second jump with his car (K04) trapping around 115-116, what makes you think the trans am should have caught up easily in such a short race? If the trans am was stock he would have been in a different time zone and not visible in the side mirror.

dallen13

Ready to race!
Just watched again. I love how he hung back after giving up. Tail between legs. So much fun.

Legendary

Ready to race!

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Got a question on transmissions for my corvette...however when i googled for it...didnt get the results i expected. Maybe you can help me...i tried trans vettes ?

v-man

Ready to race!
Hahaha..Thanks guys!
Well..I Actually have a protouring 69 firebird with a ls1 engine, AFR heads and all the goodies, Good for 550 hp, so I now what a cammed ls1 sounds like. Anyways...After we raced he pulled up next to me and said his torque converter was bad and he needed a tune..lol He insisted we race again, but I was late to pick up my baby.
So I smiled and said...next time!

KOA789

Go Kart Champion
I know it's hard for you big tough V8 guys to comprehend but you do lose on occasion modded or not. Maybe the guy spun first and couldn't make up the distance. Maybe he sucked at driving. Maybe his car wasn't running right. Just enjoy the video acknowledge the fact that the trans am lost without making excuses for him.

On a side note, a good running cammed trans am will likely trap 117-119 mph in the quarter and hit 11's with drag radials. This was a roll race so the trap speed is the only thing to consider. If OP got a 1 second jump with his car (K04) trapping around 115-116, what makes you think the trans am should have caught up easily in such a short race? If the trans am was stock he would have been in a different time zone and not visible in the side mirror.

Wow must be a strong running K04 to trap 115-116. That's about 3 to 4mph faster then the average K04s, but whatever. And no, for me, being one of the big tough v8 guys, it doesn't make sense that a 4 cylinder beat an 8 cylinder, since I have never lost to a 4 cylinder car, so it must not happen. :)

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
I toyed a Camaro SS with carbon finer wrap yesterday haha

He would push it first ahead, I reach him so quickly and the moment i am going to pass and walk, he SLAMS on the brakes.

No offense, k0a789, most of the muscle car guys are true douchebags, my car isn't fast at all, but humiliating an American muscle really brings joy to my heart haha

They always assume I drive "the V6 version" with a twin turbo setup.

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
or better yet: "Bunch of fucking noob morons, and those guys from east of the middle?" ;)

'MERICA

KOA789

Go Kart Champion
No offense, k0a789, most of the muscle car guys are true douchebags, my car isn't fast at all, but humiliating an American muscle really brings joy to my heart haha

The muscle car guys that are douche bags are the guys that go to car shows and only hang out in the crowd of people that own the same car and they all jerk each other off about how great their V8 "insert make here" is. I hate people like that. That's the same dudes that hate on someone who bought a V6 version of the same car, or don't get along with someone because they have a Ford or Chevy or Dodge and they have something else. I see them every day and it's annoying as fuck. I love all cars and respect all cars, and every time I hit the track, I never underestimate the guy in the next lane no matter what he has. I've had 12 cars in the last 15 years, and 5 of them were VWs. I have to say, that out of all the car people I've met in the last 15 years, VW guys are probably the easiest to get along with, and there is a sense of comradery...but mostly because the shit will break down by the end of the cruise or meet and someone will need to help them out lol the only people that I've met who are friendlier are bikers.

turbor850

Ready to race!
Good run, not a good "kill"....

He gave you the hit, then he mashed the gas which then his slower trans had to downshift, at that point your already prob. 1-2 cars ahead, then you go through a couple gears and he is on your side mirror slowly creeping then you let off...

Wheres the kill :iono:

Either way, to stay ahead of the LS1 with heads and cam is pretty good for the K04.

v-man

Ready to race!
Good run, not a good "kill"....

He gave you the hit, then he mashed the gas which then his slower trans had to downshift, at that point your already prob. 1-2 cars ahead, then you go through a couple gears and he is on your side mirror slowly creeping then you let off...

Wheres the kill :iono:

Either way, to stay ahead of the LS1 with heads and cam is pretty good for the K04.

But his car is automatic too, no down shifting. And he let off before I did. I'm not saying I smoked him but he didn't catch up as fast as he thought he would...

But thanks:thumbup: