GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR 2.0 TSI K04 v3.1 Software Now Available!

tom@aptuning

VW Service & Performance
Thanks! But even on stock mode, I don't think anybody on 3.1 will throw a visual CEL. I think that's the new norm for APR.

And it only takes me 10 minutes from clearing codes, driving and throwing a P0420. Which kinda worries me that an 02 just isn't working

I updated the post, let me know what you think about it lol

The p0420 doesn't mean your 02's aren't working. Actually they are probably working great if it picks up that fault that quick.

james9120

Go Kart Champion
So last night I filled up at a different gas station (name brand, can't remember which) and now I'm quite sure the tune doesn't agree with it too much, anything I can do? I hate octane boosters, but if it'll help..

Torito77

Ready to race!
Hi Guys tomorrow I have a Track day and during a general check I took out my spark plugs (type and gap as recommended by APR). Each of them looked exactly the same, can the experts chime in and comment? Is this healthy?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Last edited:

GlfSprtCT1

Go Kart Champion
So last night I filled up at a different gas station (name brand, can't remember which) and now I'm quite sure the tune doesn't agree with it too much, anything I can do? I hate octane boosters, but if it'll help..

93-->91 tune? maybe??

FLtrooper

Go Kart Champion
Hi Guys tomorrow I have a Track day and during a general revision of my Car I took out my spark plugs (type and gap as recommended by APR). Each of them looked exactly the same, can the experts chime in and comment? Is this healthy?

Mi amigo, Yo creo que esos spark plugs se ven un poco lean. Yo no me preocuparia mucho. Creo que vas a estar bien en la pista.

;)

Torito77

Ready to race!
Jaja, gracias, thank you so this is how they should look ? This pic 10 min after

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

sean@apr

Ready to race!
If you drive long enough in stock mode, the cel will turn on for p0420. Good info, Tom. Much appreciated!

Especially on 3.1. Prior to 3.1, a testpipe file meant that ALL of your files were testpipes.

We changed that with 3.1. Stock mode is exactly that, stock mode. The performance modes disable that code/CEL.

If you drive through at least a few drive cycles (start/stop/10-15 miles) in stock, you will get a CEL. But, long before it throws the CEL, it will ready the test, which is what you need it to do.

sovietsky19

Go Kart Champion
Can anyone please tell me if these look normal?? Getting worried about the spark plug problems. Took them out to check gap. Thanks

sovietsky19

Go Kart Champion
Injen is that a good thing?? lol