GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR 2.0 TSI K04 v3.1 Software Now Available!

Injen1us

Drag Race Newbie
Has nothing to do with the DSG. I'm not sure why people think so.

Motodude310

Go Kart Champion
I had that problem at WOT on a bugged 3.0 tune. It went away with v3.1 though. And it has never happened in normal driving. DSG, CBFA, Uni intake, catless DP, big IC and TOP/TBP.

There may be something else going on with your car. What plugs/gap are you using?

RGTI13

Go Kart Champion

I don't even understand what you two are commenting about. You guys don't even have DSG. If you read the other threads, people with and without the DSG tune (what we are both referring to before we were interrupted) are experiencing RPM drop. Therefore it must not be the DSG tune. I don't understand how that's hard to comprehend.

But carry on with your stupid JPEGs and GIFs.

Injen1us

Drag Race Newbie
I don't even understand what you two are commenting about. You guys don't even have DSG. If you read the other threads, people with and without the DSG tune (what we are both referring to before we were interrupted) are experiencing RPM drop. Therefore it must not be the DSG tune. I don't understand how that's hard to comprehend.

But carry on with your stupid JPEGs and GIFs.

...you said it

Injen1us

Drag Race Newbie
But seriously though... its because I do not have a DSG and do not experience this "rpm drop" that i do not 100% buy your: "its not a result of the dsg" opinion.

I feel like that is a fair position for me to have. no?

RGTI13

Go Kart Champion
But seriously though... its because I do not have a DSG and do not experience this "rpm drop" that i do not 100% buy your: "its not a result of the dsg" opinion.

I feel like that is a fair position for me to have. no?

It was a simple response to a previous poster who was also discussing it In the APR DSG thread. He understood what I was trying to say. Obviously, the RPM drop would not happen on a different transmission because it is exclusive to the DSG of course.

But... That's not what I was referring to. I was referring to the DSG tune causing the RPM drop. It seems like we have figured out that cars WITHOUT the DSG tune are experiencing RPM drop after shifts.

Sorry, I should have been more clear but it was more of a response to another conversation.

Charlie22911

Ready to race!
So my cold start is way louder after getting 3.1 flashed, is this normal? IT settles down to normal after its initial warmup, but this is new for sure.

A3SBQ

Ready to race!
So my cold start is way louder after getting 3.1 flashed, is this normal? IT settles down to normal after its initial warmup, but this is new for sure.

Mine is also louder at cold start ups.
It's something to do with the flapper control.
Nut shure why they did this on idle/cold start up
I think I have read that idle and cold start ups was not changed.
But clearly it is? Mine settles after aprox 30sec.

TheCastle

Ready to race!
It was a simple response to a previous poster who was also discussing it In the APR DSG thread. He understood what I was trying to say. Obviously, the RPM drop would not happen on a different transmission because it is exclusive to the DSG of course.

But... That's not what I was referring to. I was referring to the DSG tune causing the RPM drop. It seems like we have figured out that cars WITHOUT the DSG tune are experiencing RPM drop after shifts.

Sorry, I should have been more clear but it was more of a response to another conversation.

I'll second that. I'm running stock dsg software and the apr k04 v3.1 tune and see a slight rpm drop between shifts. It was more noticeable with the 3.0 tune. V3.1 seems to have eliminated mostly this concern. I think the dsg tune folks being hyper sensitive noticed it more frequently, those of us with just a software tune may have noticed it but didn't worry as much as we weren't hyper sensitive to what the dsg is doing. I can tell you it was bad in 3.0 hell some times 3.0 acted like it would slip the clutch and never fully engage the clutches.

I'll comment about the videos I know apr had a lot of difficulty porting the v3.1 software over to mk5 tsi with dsg. So we do know the tune can affect the shift characteristics of the dsg. The comments were to the effect on how much torque the ecu reports to the dsg affects it's shifting. APRs software manages how torque is reported to the transmission. Since we know vw likes to keep things simple and have like 10,000 software variations on the dsg lol, Ill speculate that some trannies will react differently to the same engine reported torque.

The real question to me is it an issue? did it always happen and apr tweaked the rpm display to show it and now people can see it. Is it just normal ageing of the tranny, software issue, etc?

Last edited:

A3SBQ

Ready to race!
Mine started to slip right after the sw v3.1(like the clutch did not fully engaged) After the DSG flash sw v1.4 it stopped the slipping. Any other experienced this?

dave80

Go Kart Champion
I believe it's been fixed for quite a while. v3.1 included a total overhaul of all the DSG comms stuff.

ok. I guess I'll try the v3.1 once again and see how the "fixed for quite a while" works out. Hopefully car won't jerk/almost stall when taking off from a complete stop like it did last time when I was on 3.1

TheCastle

Ready to race!
ok. I guess I'll try the v3.1 once again and see how the "fixed for quite a while" works out. Hopefully car won't jerk/almost stall when taking off from a complete stop like it did last time when I was on 3.1

V3.0 on my car had a major issue when I would do a slow roll through say a right turn on red. Where you almost come to a stop then hit the gas my engine would hesitate like it was in 2nd gear and then drop to first with a noticeable shift and the rpms would peg to like 3200 rpm and act link your driving a manual and massively slipping the clutch. It also was slow as hell off the line, it made me have some near dirty shorts experiences when I'd pull out in front of traffic.

V3.1 fixed my dsg issues and the slight rpm drop I see only occurs under part throttle in lower gears. Full throttle or near full throttle shifts crack off just like the should. I'm not worried, a little feathering of the clurches are likely to smooth the shifts. So v3.1 is waaaay better than 3.0 was in my car with the dsg and much better than 2.0. Form the drivers seat it shifts perfectly.