GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Build your own RSR clutch kit - Parts list

Plasmamuffins

Passed Driver's Ed
I installed my Calkulin sourced clutch back in 09/2014 (see pages 5 and 7) and I'm happy to report that 20k miles or so later the clutch is still strong and uneventful as it should be.

Thanks again to Calkulin for your research and to for your install.

Thank god. I've had mine set to the side for a couple months but I'm about to install it in the next couple of weeks. Glad to hear everything is fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BringerOdeath

Ready to race!
I had my Calkulin sourced clutch installed back in 09/2014 (see pages 4 and 7) and I'm happy to report that 20k miles or so later the clutch is still strong and uneventful as it should be.

Thanks again to Calkulin for your research and to ncampos976 for your install.

Can anyone chiming in on their experience with the clutch setup and has been running a k04 stage 2/2+ without issues give an update?

ShadowBlueGTI1

Passed Driver's Ed
After continued slipping in 4th gear above 5k rpm I'm looking into building my own clutch using the resources in this thread. Do you recommend replacing the DMFW or having it resurfaced? I've already had it resurfaced once by the dealer to replace a leaking TOB. This was around 30,000 miles and I'm now at 65,000 miles on APR stage 1 high torque file. The clutch has only slipped three times so far and the car will now be sitting until the clutch gets resolved.

Plasmamuffins

Passed Driver's Ed
About 2 years and 20k miles on my "RSR" kit from this thread. Self installed.
Didn't touch the FW.
Still great!

Did you change the main seal when you replaced the clutch? I keep seeing online that you need a special tool but I can't find it

BringerOdeath

Ready to race!
Did you change the main seal when you replaced the clutch? I keep seeing online that you need a special tool but I can't find it

The rear main seal is behind the flywheel, so you would have to remove the flywheel to replace the RMS.

ferrariF601

Ready to race!
The rear main seal is behind the flywheel, so you would have to remove the flywheel to replace the RMS.

so if he DID NOT touch the flywheel....well there's the answer, he did not change the RMS

i did NOT change mine either when i changed my clutch, but i only had 20K miles on my GTI back then...

Plasmamuffins

Passed Driver's Ed

I should've mentioned that I'm changing my flywheel too. I have 66,000 miles on my gti so it might as well be replaced if I have everything out

FondaleMKVI

I bought that rear seal. I am wanting to upgrade everything I can while we have the transmission off. Stainless steel clutch line?

Also, If anyone wants to buy it I have an extra Clutch disc as an order I canceled for one from overseas was not cancelled...... :(. I don't think anyone has them in stock in the USA right now.

Did you end up selling the extra clutch disk?

BringerOdeath

Ready to race!

ahard48

Ready to race!