GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FINALLY! Mk6 ko4 vs stage 1 apr mk7

Artysta

Ready to race!
I'm going to be totally honest here and stop the bullshit. At this point the mk6 gti KO4 with all the supporting mods can take a mk7 gti stage 1 by a couple of cars, I guess no surprise there considering its been upgraded with a bigger turbo and numerous bolt ons costing thousands of dollars. The mk7 gti is only running a tune. That in itself should seem impressive, considering its just a stage 1 remap with no supporting mods. I think once we see stage 2 software we'll probably see a different outcome. Either way props to both cars.

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
I'm going to be totally honest here and stop the bullshit. At this point the mk6 gti KO4 with all the supporting mods can take a mk7 gti stage 1 by a couple of cars, I guess no surprise there considering its been upgraded with a bigger turbo and numerous bolt ons costing thousands of dollars. The mk7 gti is only running a tune. That in itself should seem impressive, considering its just a stage 1 remap with no supporting mods. I think once we see stage 2 software we'll probably see a different outcome. Either way props to both cars.

I still think a stage 2 MK7 will lose to KO4 MK6, none the less it's nice that the MK7 is so potent so far.

On another note my KO3 should be here next week, I'll update after install and post obligatory Veyron race. I'm thinking I'll have full boost by 8k RPMs, I've heard the lag is intense. Should I get KO3S? Or too much power for stock block?

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI

All you need is:

1. Golf R OEM turbo
2. Intake
3. Downpipe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Artysta

Ready to race!
All you need is:

1. Golf R OEM turbo
2. Intake
3. Downpipe

Here that with installation costs equates to thousands of dollars. Not sure what the point is, I just said that the KO4 can beat a stage 1. Would you like a trophy?

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
Here that with installation costs equates to thousands of dollars. Not sure what the point is, I just said that the KO4 can beat a stage 1. Would you like a trophy?

It's not a big mod that requires "numerous" parts like a BT. That was my point.

Artysta

Ready to race!
It's not a big mod that requires "numerous" parts like a BT. That was my point.

Lol, dude.... a turbo upgrade, downpipe and an intake is a big mod. I think the OP also had an upgraded intercooler if not mistaken.... so yea those are big mods.

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
Lol, dude.... a turbo upgrade, downpipe and an intake is a big mod. I think the OP also had an upgraded intercooler if not mistaken.... so yea those are big mods.

MK7s are replacing damaged turbos like no ones business here in Qatar. Takes half a day since its factory. Not a big job at all.

Artysta

Ready to race!
MK7s are replacing damaged turbos like no ones business here in Qatar. Takes half a day since its factory. Not a big job at all.

So you're saying replacing and upgrading to a bigger turbo in half a days work is not a big mod..... interesting. I guess we'll just to have to agree to disagree.

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion

Woah, woah, woah, besides the turbo upgrade, which regardless is OEM and is a direct swap so I would still consider it a "bolt on" upgrade, none of those things that you mentioned are "big" upgrades. A big upgrade is a BT swap that requires a bunch of miscellaneous supporting mods and expensive software and maybe even building the motor. Everything you mentioned is pretty much a bolt on...an intake, a big mod? Wut?

Sooooo are we gonna keep posting BS? My post count seems to like it...

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Mk6 gti stage 1 vs stage 2 is only a few horsepower..it primarily changes how the power is delivered.

We will see in the coming months if this is the case with mk7 gti. Regardless...a lot cheaper to take an mk6 and slap on a k04 than pay for over inflated mk7 car price.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
=

Bolded for bullshit. The mk7 was beaten by a bus and more if they had gone above 110mph. The k04 turbo is still tiny, even compared to other OEM turbos such as those used in the MS3 (a different k04), the Cobalt SS and the SRT-4. By numerous bolt-ons, you're talking about the turbo and downpipe, right? Do you really think an intercooler and intake are going to make up for that bus that your buddy there lost by? Not even close.

Also, good luck getting another 50whp at the top end with a downpipe and stage 2 :lol:

The carousel turns...

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
So you're saying replacing and upgrading to a bigger turbo in half a days work is not a big mod..... interesting. I guess we'll just to have to agree to disagree.

It's a factory direct bolt-on turbo so no. Its very reliable and has been pushed by people for at least 6 years now.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion

This guy is still in the little leagues :laugh: I took off my intercooler and cleaned it in 4 hours because I had a day to spare! Looks like we won't have to worry about this one giving us trouble out on the road at any rate. He's not going to be pulling the head on his car to replace the turbo and compete with k04 mk6's. At least not without a $1k+ labor bill :thumbsup: