GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My MK6. Built by aregister

aregister

Ready to race!
Hey so some of you know me, most of you don't, but I've had the privilege of many forum transactions, and the vw community is great. I figured its time for my own thread. That, and i can't sleep so this is an option.
Purchased the base deep black GTI after wrecking my true love (caddy cts). Someday I will buy a CTS-V!
On to the golf:
Before

After

Mod list
Performance: CTS k04 turbo, APR tune BSH race intake, R8 coilpacks, sb stage 3 drop in disc, neuspeed TOP, APR intercooler, bsh TBP and dv relocate with synapse dv and noise pipe delete, TWM short throw shift upgrade with type r weighed shift knob

Stance: KW v1 coils (new wheels coming soon)
Brakes: stoptech drilled rotors, stoptech ss brake lines front and rear, Tyrolsport bushing kit
Cosmetic: 20 tint all around, clear side markers, eBay led tails, grill emblem delete, still rocking the notch filler plastic piece! Lol
New south boost gauge vent pod
Uberstealth under floor subwoofer with amp and lc2i converter.

Last edited:

aregister

Ready to race!
Almost all work was done myself. Anything I didn't do or got stuck, I took to the dealership or Excelerate Performance in Branford, CT. Great shop there if you ever get a chance. Very helpful and patient staff.
That being said, The coilovers went to the dealership for install, and the clutch went to the shop. Everything else was me and my friend.

More pics

Last edited:

aregister

Ready to race!
Next mod: lightweight wheels. Ns rse052 machined silver to be exact

Last edited:

aregister

Ready to race!
I've been having problems recently with oil residue in my engine bay. I think I have a bad pcv hose or something, but it started when I switched around from cc, then didn't change when i went back to stock pcv. So I ordered a kit from ecs for the whole thing, hoses and valve. Grabbed some forge red coolant hoses too, dress up the engine bay a bit

aregister

Ready to race!
Replaced the pcv valve and hoses while my dad was visiting. Checked my engine bay recently, and no oil film! Problem solved

aregister

Ready to race!
Took out the stock dv from the cts k04 location, plugged it off, and installed my synapse and bsh relocation kit. Replaced the intake -to- compressor coupling with a bsh that doesn't have the dv tap in. Using the bsh race intake. Lol I went from apr, to bsh stage one, to bsh race intake. Idk I'd there is really a difference, but I don't have fitment issues anymore like i did with the carbonio

Locke

Ready to race!
Nice work man. Excited to see the wheels on your car, they're my first choice whenever I make the jump to aftermarket wheels. Too clean.

aregister

Ready to race!
Nice work man. Excited to see the wheels on your car, they're my first choice whenever I make the jump to aftermarket wheels. Too clean.
Thanks! I'm going with bronze now, but same wheels. I'm going to buy them this month and wrap them in michelins.

aregister

Ready to race!

Most recent pic. Car is getting washed today. New England is a nightmare this winter

aregister

Ready to race!
So I have a bunch of catching up to do here on this build thread. I have been underway as a submariner pretty much all summer. I got new wheels, and I filled in the notch on the hood. Unfortunately, the shop I went to scammed me and I ended up paying out the asshole for their work. Then, less than 10 days after getting my car back, a FIRE started in the foglight. I filed insurance, but basically I'm out the money that the bodyshop scammed me for + my insurance deductible. Guess thats the price I pay for ebay yellow foglights?? whatev. Anyway, I am going to ask around because I have two problems right now that are bugging me.
One: my bluetooth doesn't activate anymore. The light doesn't even come on when the car is on or off.
Two: I can't tell if this is related or not, but my amp keeps going into protect mode, and I have done some troubleshooting, but no positive answers yet. anyway, thanks for reading, I will post pictures soon of the wheels and shaved hood.