GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Delete DPF

SciroccoPT

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey folks,

Well, I have a 2.0 TDI 140hp from 2012. It's the younger brother. eheheh Scirocco.
It has 15k km and I want to remove DPF, core and electronically.
Do you have any ideia on how much will it improve consumption?
I heard on about 1l/100km... Don't know if it's true.
Maybe you guys could tell me. ;)

DPF forces turbocharger more, it wastes diesel doing a regen, might give problems in the future, etc. Only problems. To prevent that, I want to delete it for real.

2literv8eater

You may get 4.5l/100 if you take it easy highway driving, you won't get much better driving in Lisbon but it will be more fun.
Disconnecting intake flaps helped a little too and it drives smoother.

Boa sorte

SciroccoPT

Passed Driver's Ed
Thank you for your reply my friend. Obrigado! ;)

Well, I made a quick video showing consumption at 80kph. Slightly uphill. I would love if someone did the same but with DPF removed.

Last edited:

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I had a 140cr Jetta with a dpf/egr delete and Malone stage 2 tune. It got 45-50 mpg around town and 50-53 highway. (US gallons/miles)

The performance increase is nice too, you can easily pass without downshifting

SciroccoPT

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks bud. Well, mine already does that, all stock. Amazing. I hope I get more or less 0,7l/100km less, removing DPF and EGR Off. Also, EGR needs to be electronically and physically disabled, right? Is there any problem removing DPF without deleting EGR?

azthegame

Ready to race!
If you want to keep your egr, you need a downpipe that has the LP egr bung to attach the filter back on. If you don't, then you will need a block off plate to put where the lp egr would go onto the egr cooler.

You can keep your HP egr though. When you upgrade the Turbo is when you have to delete it with a block off plate.

SciroccoPT

Passed Driver's Ed
If you want to keep your egr, you need a downpipe that has the LP egr bung to attach the filter back on. If you don't, then you will need a block off plate to put where the lp egr would go onto the egr cooler.

You can keep your HP egr though. When you upgrade the Turbo is when you have to delete it with a block off plate.

Thank you my friend. Well, I will keep it then. One day, I might do a remap to 180hp. Then I will delete it. I think it's better :) Do you agree bud?

Georgia_Boy

I have EGR and DPF delete with CR170 turbo and stage 3 Malone tune and I get and average of 48-52 mpg with more power and fun to boot.