GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Civic Type-R driving impressions Video

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie

iGTI1

Go Kart Champion
If that engine comes in Acura ILX- I'd be interested!!!!

But Civic looks puts me off

DaveSTR

Go Kart Champion
http://www.cnet.com/videos/is-the-2016-honda-civic-type-r-too-much-car-for-the-road/

I thought it was a decent video and the guy really enjoys the car. I share his thoughts at the end where I'm not sure if I'd enjoy the big wing and everything at the end of the day. Especially when I'm crossing over to the 3 0 this year.

Yo I have a 15 STi with the wing. I'm a few years older than u. Drive what u like. Thats all that matters. Not what ur age might mean or what some idiot thinks.

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Yo I have a 15 STi with the wing. I'm a few years older than u. Drive what u like. Thats all that matters. Not what ur age might mean or what some idiot thinks.

Rofl, that made my day. :bellyroll:

I feel a lot better now, really. Lol. Actually, I hear ya. I was just saying that but honestly, it will take a bit more than a wing and over the top look to turn me away from awesome performance.
After all, it could be dialed back if need be, but we'll see. :thumbup:

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion

I feel a lot better now, really. Lol. Actually, I hear ya. I was just saying that but honestly, it will take a bit more than a wing and over the top look to turn me away from awesome performance.

psh, my uncle had an evo 8 MR and he was 34, now he's 37 driving a 2000 911 c2.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
If that engine comes in Acura ILX- I'd be interested!!!!

But Civic looks puts me off

If this new ILX comes with manual and this statement is true, then i may dump my mk7 to that. But i promise myself to get a v8 next time round.

DaveSTR

Go Kart Champion

Go for it. At least a good test to see if the 'drive' is what you like. Looks are always subjective of course. Best of luck! Life's short and drive what YOU like.............

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
I don't care how fast that car is... it's straight up FUGLY. :barf:

This is objective.

I'm normally against riced out looks, but this thing looks mean and if it can actually go as fast as it looks, then I'm all for it.

DaveSTR

Go Kart Champion
I don't care how fast that car is... it's straight up FUGLY. :barf:

So is my 15 STi and thats what I love about it! Plus the drive it offers vs my 12 GTi I sold is night and day. Its the drive for me. Its ugly and gorgeous at the same time. Strange combo but Im down wit dat! :)

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
No the greatest review – more of visual intro with ear catchy queen’s English, I think I will wait until Chris Harris could eventually do one, the sure thing is that Type R is by far the most complete FWD we'll have, even if they decide to offer a coupe version. all gadgetry is insanely wild.

Taiso0019

Ready to race!
Well it is CNET...hardly the point of reference for car enthusiasts. I remember their Mk7 GTI/R pieces sounding a little off or like they didn't know much about the car and were simply reading straight out of the internet. I would wait until a more car focused publication did a review of the Type R.

My unrequested 2 cents: the car IS ugly...The new STI at least works from most angles and can still get away with that huge wing in 2015. This just looks like a 5 year old went to town on a sketchpad with some crayons and the design team who is probably related to the child in question said...'ok lets just use this, f*ck looks lets focus on performance'. If this was to be the case I could respect the philosophy, but sadly I'm sure someone in the Honda team is proud of how this car ended up looking...

Last edited:

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Honestly, I showed some pics to people at work and they were all blown away calling it sick and badass, so I'm very sure it's objective. Also considering where I live, it's Honda world where kids love to throw Type-R stickers all over their Integras and whatnot, they would eat this sh!t up.

Now for the bad in my eyes. I read it's going to be priced around $37k. For a Civic? F**k that.