GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

COBB tuning?!

corman1313

Ready to race!
But doesn't the AP hold a complete stock map meaning when loaded it should turn all sensors on to pass smog. Then flash back to whatever tune and the sensors will be off again.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

corman1313

Ready to race!
Another member emailed Cobb for the 2 of us to let them know that we were having CEL for a downpipe and they emailed back saying they were working on it. Once complete which took about 2 weeks they emailed him the new file. They also said they are still working on the boost reading issues for us. We are reading boost at idle due to a box code issues for our specific cars. They said that issue should be solved soon

dafuture

Go Kart Champion
I do not have the AP yet, it's just something I'm researching right now. My understanding at this point is as follows:

The current tuners with Stage 2 files (possibly with the exception of GIAC) have OTS maps that will stop the CEL from showing, but do not set readiness, so the car will not pass.

I plan on running a catted downpipe at some point down the road, but I'd prefer to avoid issues with passing inspection due to this in the future if possible. Without swapping out the downpipe for the stock one, I am trying to figure out if the Cobb OTS file deletes the CEL only, or allows for readiness to be set as well.

I did message the guys over at Cobb, and got this response:

"Our Stage 2 calibrations should not have any issues with codes related to the O2 sensor so you would be good to go for inspection.

Marshall@COBB"

This seems to suggest that Cobb has figured out a way to enable readiness with their Stage 2 file. Is there anyone out there who has had their inspection done or tried to set readiness with Vagcom? This could be a major selling point for the Cobb AP, as you could run any downpipe without the fear of inspection day.

dafuture

Go Kart Champion
I'm also curious about what map you would run with a non-Cobb intake. From what I saw them writing, there's currently no map for an aftermarket intake with stock location MAF?

phuccer1

Ready to race!
I'm also curious about what map you would run with a non-Cobb intake. From what I saw them writing, there's currently no map for an aftermarket intake with stock location MAF?

From my understanding, if you do not have a downpipe, you can run Stage 1 91/93 or Stage 1 91/93 High Boost. I believe their high boost Stage 1 maps have the same gains as their Stage 1+.

Stage 2 is where the issue is if you do not have an intake from COBB. Although I have read that there are a few people on this forum running stage 2 without COBB's intake, and not running into any problems.

As others and COBB has said in previous posts, they are working on an intake/map that uses the stock MAF size.

phuccer1

Ready to race!
Cobb has stated that they will be releasing maps that are calibrated for the stock size MAF sensor.

I wonder how long this will take. I do plan on selling my Modshack intake for a COBB intake eventually, but that's further down the line. I have my AP arriving next week and will probably just be running their stage 1 high boost map in the meantime.

corman1313

Ready to race!
I'm running a Neuspeed P Flo with the stage 2 map and no issues so far. I need to post a log to confirm that.
I believe they have just now this week figured out how to get around the CEL on the stage 2 map, I'm not sure how they did it though.

I was running stage 1+ 91 for almost a month and tried out stage 1 and I've found the only difference is maybe 2 psi between the 2 maps. The stage 2 map however is around 4-5psi more depending on the gear.

phuccer1

Ready to race!
I'm running a Neuspeed P Flo with the stage 2 map and no issues so far. I need to post a log to confirm that.
I believe they have just now this week figured out how to get around the CEL on the stage 2 map, I'm not sure how they did it though.

I was running stage 1+ 91 for almost a month and tried out stage 1 and I've found the only difference is maybe 2 psi between the 2 maps. The stage 2 map however is around 4-5psi more depending on the gear.

Do you think there is any difference between Stage 1 91 High Boost and Stage 1+ 91 when running a non-COBB intake?

corman1313

Ready to race!
Only 1 psi or so, very minimal. The stage 1+ felt the best, very smooth and more power up top.

Nkbanta

Passed Driver's Ed
Just switched from apr to Cobb rubbing stage 2 with my apr intake without Any issues .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nkbanta

Passed Driver's Ed
I did the same switch. What's your take on the Cobb file?

I love the accessport its a great gadget and the tune is very smooth and does pull hard along with apr. apr pulled a tad harder but i think Cobb has a smoother and better tune . And these are only ots tunes , soon I might be looking into a pro tune soon so it'll be even better .