GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

R8 Oil Cap Falling Apart

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
I forgot where I ordered mine from, maybe e-bay or a reseller but damn it looks like garbage. The chrome portion of the oil cap is all wavy and crinkled now due to heat. It looks like it was "wrapped" in chrome and it's now coming up.

Has anyone bought an R8 cap that's genuine enough where it lasts or doesn't have this problem? Can someone link me to a better quality version? Thank you!

CarniifeX

Go Kart Champion
I bought mine from HS Tuning last August. I popped one out just for kicks a few weeks ago and they look almost new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speeddemon691

Go Kart Champion
Got any pics? Also do let us know if the part numbers are different because I was thinking of picking one up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iAhhMaze

Go Kart Champion
There are a lot of knock offs of r8 caps on ebay that cant even tell are knock offs until what you are experiencing happens

FriggenT1

Banned
There are a lot of knock offs of r8 caps on ebay that cant even tell are knock offs until what you are experiencing happens

More than that, is that you can't see from the pics if something is cheap or a knock off, they are doing that with so many things these days, I don't even buy stuff from ebay anymore. Not to mention their fees have gotten ridiculous

iAhhMaze

Go Kart Champion
More than that, is that you can't see from the pics if something is cheap or a knock off, they are doing that with so many things these days, I don't even buy stuff from ebay anymore. Not to mention their fees have gotten ridiculous

Exactly ebay is just full of knock offs and they dont care. I dont buy crap of there either any more unless its something stupid or cheap but when it comes for the car i just buy it from a vendor or forum member.

Calkulin

Ready to race!
I have the Porsche one and it did the same after about 2 yrs, it's only a little section on the bottom, so until I can see it peeling while it's on, I won't replace it to be honest :thumbsup:

iAhhMaze

Go Kart Champion
I have the Porsche one and it did the same after about 2 yrs, it's only a little section on the bottom, so until I can see it peeling while it's on, I won't replace it to be honest :thumbsup:

i was just actually looking at the porsche ones coolant and engine debating on pulling the trigger

Calkulin

Ready to race!
For the price, you can't beat them, spending near $100 for 1 cap is too much for me. The coolant cap is perfect but the oil one is peeling a little on the bottom but I do live in FL, so it sees a lot of heat year round. It could be I got a defective one but I don't care as it can be replaced pretty cheaply

iAhhMaze

Go Kart Champion
For the price, you can't beat them, spending near $100 for 1 cap is too much for me. The coolant cap is perfect but the oil one is peeling a little on the bottom but I do live in FL, so it sees a lot of heat year round. It could be I got a defective one but I don't care as it can be replaced pretty cheaply

yeah 35 for coolant one is a good deal

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion

You added the Porsche oil cap? I have the Porsche coolant cap and it has held up perfectly. Can you link me to the potential Porsche oil cap please?

iAhhMaze

Go Kart Champion
Well I just confirmed my cap is part number 420 103 485 B, with Audi/VW logos and "Austria RE3", same as what HS Tuning lists. Crap.
That really done mean anything knockoffs will have the same park numbers and logos

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk