GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Best Diverter Valve

Mason

I want an louder more noticeable sound from my diverter valve. It is pretty quiet right now. I've heard about the forge spacers, but looked them up and people have gotten a lot of problems with them. So I'm looking for a safe way to make it sound louder or just nicer. My car is a 2011 Gti mk6 with 3 inch eurojet turbo back exhaust and stage 2 apr intake. Stage one apr tune about to go two. Thank you so much for your time!

Jared32

Ready to race!
I have the go fast bits DV and it definitely is louder than stock..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
You've got an enclosed filter intake damping the sound of the DV. Ditch the carbonio and go with a open filter intake.

Please don't buy a forge spacer or BOV though. Keep your system recirculating.

nickp1

Ready to race!
I want an louder more noticeable sound from my diverter valve. It is pretty quiet right now. I've heard about the forge spacers, but looked them up and people have gotten a lot of problems with them. So I'm looking for a safe way to make it sound louder or just nicer. My car is a 2011 Gti mk6 with 3 inch eurojet turbo back exhaust and stage 2 apr intake. Stage one apr tune about to go two. Thank you so much for your time!

I have the stock DV (2014 GTI) with the ECS intake and it makes alot of noise when the pedal is released. Maybe just get a less sound deadening intake?

Initially I had ordered the Forge DV but returned it after I found out the Rev D and up (mine is G) are the best performing. and most tuning companies dont reccomend anything but the Rev D.

FriggenT1

Banned
I have the stock DV (2014 GTI) with the ECS intake and it makes alot of noise when the pedal is released. Maybe just get a less sound deadening intake?

Initially I had ordered the Forge DV but returned it after I found out the Rev D and up (mine is G) are the best performing. and most tuning companies dont reccomend anything but the Rev D.

I like the idea of any dv that is totally independent of the ecu...just mechanical.

Kei_Loper

Ready to race!
Yep, you need a different intake not DV. I drove a DSG car and I went BACK to the APR Carbonio intake because I wanted less noise in the car since you don't really ever lift in the DSG cars. I started with the APR, then bought the 42dd which was AWESOME, but went back to the APR due to noise.

My friend wanted more noise in his MT car, so we swapped, he got a ton of noise from the massive filter setup, and was in love. It produced many giggles on fun drives. He got a Tiguan last year because there was a baby coming (now here hooray!) and it was an AT car, put the 42dd on there......and took it back off for stock, cuz noise in a car that you don't lift off of.

Buy a new open intake (42dd is the right answer if you have the money), drown in the glory of turbo noises, giggle.[emoji481]
Kei

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

NeoSA1

Ready to race!
Want proper DV noises? Get a CTS BOV kit. Zero errors. No trim issues. You get proper BOV sounds with no impact to performance. Do NOT buy the forge spacer.