GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR stage 2 fuel cut?

Lupin

Ready to race!
I was going off ramp at 77km/hr and when the road straighten out I was accelerating but the car suddenly cut the fuel and boggle down. it was intermittent so the car was pulsing for a few second. I backed off the gas and it was fine after. Anyone experienced anything similar?

Lupin

Ready to race!
Did you replace your spark plugs and coilpacks after you went stage 2? It so replace them immediately its a common problem when people first tune their cars.

sorry totally forgot to include that I do have R8 coil packs and pre-gapped pfr7s8eg ngk spark plugs

Lupin

Ready to race!
Just got an error code today P2293 Fuel pressure regulator 2 performance. From my research online it seems like its the high pressure fuel pump going out... Called local dealers and they advised that VW will flag it and I will have to pay for diagnostics as well as all the parts and labor.

songyun

Ready to race!
it should be covered under warranty since your 14 gti

Spyder368

Ready to race!
It sounds like VW is far stricter outside the US? What country do live in if you don't mind sharing as you listed km/hr vs mph. Perhaps other members from the area can chime in, I know typically VW has to prove that your tune directly caused the issue to not want to cover the work. Hope someone can shed some insight from your neck of the woods on "Earth".

mraaf

Passed Driver's Ed
If you running low in fuel during that time, could be overheating fuel module J538. It would derate if too hot

songyun

Ready to race!
its tuned and VW said it will flag the car if I bring it in. they will also have to charge me diagnostic fee and repair charges .

i had my fuel pump relpaced last year under warranty . tuned also. they never say anything about my tuned. try another dealer.

songyun

Ready to race!
but i forgot mine was low pressure or high pressure fuel pump. the CEL came out like a few weeks after my stage 2 tune. car still can run, just lack of a bit power.

Midknight1

Ready to race!
its tuned and VW said it will flag the car if I bring it in. they will also have to charge me diagnostic fee and repair charges .

Can you run stock mode? I'm tuned, went to a dealer (in stock mode), told them I had a tune, but they said nothing was flagged and did the work (water pump replacement) under warranty

Lupin

Ready to race!
Can you run stock mode? I'm tuned, went to a dealer (in stock mode), told them I had a tune, but they said nothing was flagged and did the work (water pump replacement) under warranty

They dont need to plug in for water pump replacement, I had mine replaced too.

Lupin

Ready to race!
it's a really easy replacement if you just buy the pump yourself from ecs or something.

Thanks for the link, I found a cheaper place to get it too, just want to make sure it is the high pressure fuel pump. It seems like it is likely the pump but it could be sensors according to the internet..