GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 2.5 today?

usefulidiot

Go Kart Champion
My offer to use my V3 tool to load the Tune still stands.

Offer open to All Golf 2.5s

Wouldn’t mind seeing someone’s experience with this tune before I jump in. Since getting the UM tune I’ve really enjoyed the connection to the throttle and the cleaner power band.

KanyesChest

Ready to race!
Ordered these https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07GMDT66Ztoday to match the H7 led bulbs I have.

Also got my spoiler extension a few weeks ago from Amazon(like v1nn1e's). Still haven't gotten around to installing it due to every day off I've had been raining:/

Looking like the winters will go on soon as well...sigh

Cool! Any photos of the bulbs? I've been looking for that H7 set, but Amazon has been OOS for a while now

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Replaced the AC Compressor with a used Sanden from a rear ended '14 and drier as well today, simple unbolt and replace, I didn't vacuum or fill it with R134 yet, I did that before when the temps was around 70 F but at 50 F, I'm no Pro so ? on the pressures so I'll wait for a better day. The compressor should be fine til then, original oil fill still in there, the level should be the same or close.
An AC Guy told me not to leave it this way, this AM I vacuumed and filled with 32 oz of R134 (by weight). The system held vacuum like a champ, it's 45 F outside so I'm confident it be fine when I go south this winter.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Next up final eTest before the Ontario Government discontinues the Emissions Program in Ontario (April 2019). Going to remove the Intake and go back to stock for the test.

Getting Winter Wheel/Tires ready to install, the tires a bit low on thread so looking for some 15 Winter Tires. The friking VW lug bolts have rust on the heads, going to buy some rust converter to paint the lug bolt heads and touch up the wheels.

Last edited:

FlowMK6

Ready to race!
An AC Guy told me not to leave it this way, this AM I vacuumed and filled with 32 oz of R134 (by weight). The system held vacuum like a champ, it's 45 F outside so I'm confident it be fine when I go south this winter.

Testing AC system with the vacuum can sometimes be misleading if it only leaks under pressure, I personally prefer to fill the system with nitrogen at 150psi, after 15mins, if the pressure haven't drop, it means it's safe and I can fill the system. Even if it leaks, nitrogen isn't bad :)

From what I seems to understand, the halocarbon regulations are less strict in Ontario, here in Quebec, you couldn't have serviced your AC without card :(

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
Installed a Spullen dogbone mount with street insert today. Like the smoother shifting, hate the vibration. Vibration + SRI at idle is loud as hell. While driving sound and vibration are no different but at idle I am not a fan. I'll see if it gets better after a bit.

Last edited:

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Installed a Spullen dogbone mount with street insert today. Like the smoother shifting, hate the vibration. Vibration + SRI at idle is loud as hell. While driving sound and vibration are no different but at idle I am not a fan. I'll see if it gets better after a bit. We'll see.
:lol: If you had put the TDI Exhaust on the Golf, then that accounts for the LOUD. The Mid-Muffler (Stomach) on the 2.5 exhaust is actually the main muffler on the 2.5.

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
I was actually going to go the GTI exhaust route but changed my mind. Gonna take the old golf out today for a cruise and see if this mount rattles the teeth outa my skull.

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
Cleaned the MAP sensor today. Was pretty dirty. VW should add this into the 30/60/90 services. Curious why they didn't put the sensor on top of the intake manifold as it would stay cleaner.

Last edited:

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Cleaned the MAP sensor today. Was pretty dirty. VW should add this into the 30/60/90 services. Curious why they didn't put the sensor on top of the intake manifold as it would stay cleaner.
Looks I guess, and maybe the length of the sensor connector wire. With a Catch can it shouldn't get dirty.

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
If you route the can back to the intake you still get some oil vapor coming through and the throttle body flap acts as a condensor so oil collects on it and eventually makes its way to the hole where the sensor sits. Thats's why I chose to vent the can to atm again. I just don't use a filter on the can anymore as the filter gets clogged with oil and there is really no need for it. I get zero oil spray in the engine bay with no filter. Works great this way.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
If you route the can back to the intake you still get some oil vapor coming through and the throttle body flap acts as a condensor so oil collects on it and eventually makes its way to the hole where the sensor sits. Thats's why I chose to vent the can to atm again. I just don't use a filter on the can anymore as the filter gets clogged with oil and there is really no need for it. I get zero oil spray in the engine bay with no filter. Works great this way.
A bit counter to what is expected but you seem to have a good grasp of your setup.

In the past when I've "played with" the 2.5 IMs but always left or reattached the connection back to the PCV.

I can rule myself out of the catch can discussion, I never really saw it as being very bad and oily. Then again, I never gave it chance to see if it would get dirty, each time I remove the IM, I just took a couple of minutes to pour some gas into it and washout the oil, pushed some rags or paper into the runners and wiped them clean by pulling them out with a needle nosed pliers,... good enough for me. BUT then again I don't have a "Nice Piece" like an IE SRI :thumbsup:

Last edited:

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
... On Friday did the final eTest on the Golf, even with the Ontario Emissions Program ending in April 2019 they are still tight A$$ed as hell.

I went and talked to them before the eTest, to see what was expected; I removed the CAI reinstalled the Original stuff back to stock so it would pass the visual test part of the test, ... no problem passing even with the Integrated Engineering 2.5 Stage2 Tune installed with the stock intake. OBD Testing is a joke .... Good Riddance.

PS. I didn't even have an air filter in the engine cover when I did the test. Only took a few minutes to remove the 4 screws and pull the engine cover off and reinstalled my CAI. Easy Peasy

Last edited:

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
A bit counter to what is expected but you seem to have a good grasp of your setup.

In the past when I've "played with" the 2.5 IMs but always left or reattached the connection back to the PCV.

I can rule myself out of the catch can discussion, I never really saw it as being very bad and oily. Then again, I never gave it chance to see if it would get dirty, each time I remove the IM, I just took a couple of minutes to pour some gas into it and washout the oil, pushed some rags or paper into the runners and wiped them clean by pulling them out with a needle nosed pliers,... good enough for me. BUT then again I don't have a "Nice Piece" like an IE SRI :thumbsup:

Do you still run the PCV? That's where it makes a huge difference. With the IE valve cover especially as the opening is much bigger so there's way more vapor running through all the time not just when your on the gas. I was losing about a quart every 2k miles and that was going straight into the intake as vapor.