GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What install tool for rear knuckle/bearing housing??

OEMPL+S

Go Kart Newbie
What tool is used by VW to install the rear lower outer control arm bushings in the wheel bearing housing ....
I cannot find anything.

Thanks.

Sent from my stomach using remote control

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
To replace it with an oem bushing you'd need a shop press with a sleeve of the same diameter. It's much easier to replace it with an aftermarket bushing like Powerflex, I ended up cutting the oem bushing out, and hitting it with a hammer/chisel. Sanded the inside to get rid of all the dust/debris in there. Greased up a new powerflex bushing and it slid in without needing a press.

OEMPL+S

Go Kart Newbie
To replace it with an oem bushing you'd need a shop press with a sleeve of the same diameter. It's much easier to replace it with an aftermarket bushing like Powerflex, I ended up cutting the oem bushing out, and hitting it with a hammer/chisel. Sanded the inside to get rid of all the dust/debris in there. Greased up a new powerflex bushing and it slid in without needing a press.
I have Powerflex but I'm getting rid of them .... If you saw the other thread i started you'll understand why. Basically changing everything to isolate the issue.

OEMPL+S

Go Kart Newbie
Bump .... Need to install the OEM bushings back into my rear bearing housing for the rear lower control arms

What tool do I use??

How have any of you done this?

Thanks

Tony48

Go Kart Champion
Bump .... Need to install the OEM bushings back into my rear bearing housing for the rear lower control arms

What tool do I use??

How have any of you done this?

Thanks

I haven't installed that bushing myself but the ECS Poly Control Arm Bushing Install Guide shows using a ball joint press with various fixtures on that bushing.

Here's a link to download the PDF. Page 33 has the info relevant to you.

OEMPL+S

Go Kart Newbie
I haven't installed that bushing myself but the ECS Poly Control Arm Bushing Install Guide shows using a ball joint press with various fixtures on that bushing.

Here's a link to download the PDF. Page 33 has the info relevant to you.
Thanks a lot. I'll check that out.

OEMPL+S

Go Kart Newbie
Bump .... It's a balljoint tool they used.

Nowwwww .... What tool exactly .... It doesn't say

Tony48

Go Kart Champion
Bump .... It's a balljoint tool they used.

Nowwwww .... What tool exactly .... It doesn't say

Ball joint presses are pretty universal man. Not sure what you're asking. Might have to use a deep well socket as a sleeve of the correct diameter but it's pretty straight forward. The two pictures on page 33 should tell you everything you need to know.

OEMPL+S

Go Kart Newbie
Ball joint presses are pretty universal man. Not sure what you're asking. Might have to use a deep well socket as a sleeve of the correct diameter but it's pretty straight forward. The two pictures on page 33 should tell you everything you need to know.
Well I found the tool at part source ....
But it's 150 .... So I may just get my mechanic to install it. We'll see what's cheaper.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Well I found the tool at part source ....
But it's 150 .... So I may just get my mechanic to install it. We'll see what's cheaper.

$47 on amazon, I have had this one for a few years. Used it a bunch and it's held up well. I don't use it much anymore now that I have a 12 ton bench press but it works for those hard to reach places like the rear spindle.

https://www.amazon.com/OrionMotorTech-Heavy-Removal-Adapters-Trucks/dp/B01N7CO50E/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1550849124&sr=8-6&keywords=universal+ball+joint+press

OEMPL+S

Go Kart Newbie

OEMPL+S

Go Kart Newbie

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
Thanks I'm looking at that one .... Far better price than parts source.

Parts Source also rents/loans tools. See if they have one. I've used their brake tool a ton of times.

OEMPL+S

Go Kart Newbie