GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JB4 Logging, stacking and Map 6 Discussion

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
You don’t just arbitrarily change them cause you’re running ethanol,
Some run 55FOL and the trims are fine, I’ve run 65FOL and the car was fine. 60 is just the common percent that seems to work well.

your targets seem to be at 6s up top, you don’t “have” to set the 6 cylinder timing logging to 1 at your additive levels but it don’t do anything negative so you may as well cause it’s a nanny for when you start requesting higher additive.
Just quoting what diggs aka vwgod aka “yes” aka “no” aka “good” has said before

Vmax911

Passed Driver's Ed
Should have mentioned FOL is set to 60, trims look good in my opinion. I'll watch for fp spikes. Not sure what caused the timing drop / EPC. I am targeting 6, so nothing crazy (I thought). I usually let off around 6K, but sometimes she just pulls and it's hard to let off. Thanks for all the feedback so far.

1500​
0​
2000​
0​
2500​
0.6​
3000​
1.8​
3500​
2.6​
4000​
3.7​
4500​
4.3​
5000​
5​
5500​
5.8​
6000​
6.2​
6500​
5.4​
7000​
4​

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
Hey, I'm not sure this is the proper place for this question so I apologize in advance if it isn't.

I replaced the battery in my 2017 GTI and now the JB4 isn't talking to the app completely. I've got the Bluetooth connect kit. I'm able to connect and it reads that it's on Map 3, and I get the Boost gauge, but none of the other info is being read in real-time: RPM, MPH, IAT, etc.

I logged out and back in, unlinked a re-linked the device to the account. No difference.

Suggestions?

Which firmware? Which Rev Connect Kit? Open the box and check the serial connection for the BT dongle. Sometimes they can work loose or need tightening. Happened to mine once. Also heard the Rev 3.7 BT Connect Kit has issues "talking" with newest 87 firmware. There is an update for the 3.7, or just go back to firmware 85.

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
19s are strange critters, who knows what voodoo they've done to the ECU. Still check the obvious stuff though, might be something really simple.

MKNSM

Hey guys I have been running a JB4 map 3 w/ 93 octane on my otherwise stock 7.5 6gear DSG. I wanna do a custom map 6 log but not really sure where to start. Bought the jb4 w/ BT used so can't get a custom from BMS. Any help/advice will be appreciated.

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
Hey guys I have been running a JB4 map 3 w/ 93 octane on my otherwise stock 7.5 6gear DSG. I wanna do a custom map 6 log but not really sure where to start. Bought the jb4 w/ BT used so can't get a custom from BMS. Any help/advice will be appreciated.

You don't need BMS although George is great. Find a section of road that you can do a manual shift third gear pull from 2K on. Set up your JB4 for logging, map 1, 2, or 3. If it's your first tuning attempt, start with 1 or 2. Start the log and roll on the throttle fully but don't hit the kickdown switch. Hold it flat out, shift into 4th, then stop the log and dodge the po-po. Create a datazap.me account. Log into the account and upload the log. How you get the log off depends on the platform. I have BT and a Samsung phone so I use My Files and email. Set your datazap account to public. Post the link here and ask for help.

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon