GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The new EQT V2.51 Maps

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
Took the v2.51 Stage 1 91 out tonight, thought the response was nice, put me in the camp that thinks it's more driveable on the DSG.

At 35F ambient temp the oil hovered around 200 during boulevard cruising, and 210-214 when I took it to Mexico.

It wasn't drivable before?

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
I’m so confused haha, I saw all the rave reviews and upgraded from 2.50 (6MT, Stage 2 OTS) a few days ago and have had pretty much the exact opposite experience as most others – having never had any problems on previous versions driving at slow speeds, I now find it’s quite jerky, with odd surges of power (that I don’t get higher up in the revs). And when I blip the throttle in first with the clutch in (which I do a lot in stop and go traffic in NYC to keep it smooth if I’m rolling slowly and am about to let the clutch pedal out) then the revs jump super high – a tiny blip that used to take it to about 1100 now takes it up to 2000, and you can see there’s a kind of second automated blip happening after my foot has come off the throttle, which wasn’t there at all with 2.50. Also finding the throttle pedal much more sensitive than it was before... I feel like I’m having to be super cautious with my right foot so the car doesn’t take off like a scolded cat whenever I give a little gas, haha, so weird. I’ll keep re-learning how to drive my car for a few days and hopefully I’ll get used to it, otherwise I guess I’ll go back to 2.50. Anyone else experiencing anything like this, or am I losing it...?
I've been having the same problem. Glad I'm not the only one lol. I started driving around in normal mode last night and that seems to help but I like being able to just leave it in sport

mrd8cd

Ready to race!
I’m so confused haha, I saw all the rave reviews and upgraded from 2.50 (6MT, Stage 2 OTS) a few days ago and have had pretty much the exact opposite experience as most others – having never had any problems on previous versions driving at slow speeds, I now find it’s quite jerky, with odd surges of power (that I don’t get higher up in the revs). And when I blip the throttle in first with the clutch in (which I do a lot in stop and go traffic in NYC to keep it smooth if I’m rolling slowly and am about to let the clutch pedal out) then the revs jump super high – a tiny blip that used to take it to about 1100 now takes it up to 2000, and you can see there’s a kind of second automated blip happening after my foot has come off the throttle, which wasn’t there at all with 2.50. Also finding the throttle pedal much more sensitive than it was before... I feel like I’m having to be super cautious with my right foot so the car doesn’t take off like a scolded cat whenever I give a little gas, haha, so weird. I’ll keep re-learning how to drive my car for a few days and hopefully I’ll get used to it, otherwise I guess I’ll go back to 2.50. Anyone else experiencing anything like this, or am I losing it...?
Hey guys with the stage 2 v2.51 file, I was experiencing the same symptoms of super touchy throttle in 1st gear while engaging the clutch too. However, it eventually subsided and returned to v2.0 levels of sensitivity. So either the car "learned" something, or I got used to it. Stick with it for 2 weeks and see if it improves. I think that's how long it took for me.

Boje

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Hey guys with the stage 2 v2.51 file, I was experiencing the same symptoms of super touchy throttle in 1st gear while engaging the clutch too. However, it eventually subsided and returned to v2.0 levels of sensitivity. So either the car "learned" something, or I got used to it. Stick with it for 2 weeks and see if it improves. I think that's how long it took for me.
Good to know, cheers!

VW Vroom

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks for the guidance mrd8cd. I too have the same drivability experiences in low revs in first or second gear. In my first week with the 2.51 stage 1 tune, which is the first tune on my 2015 MT. I hope the car learns, unlikely I’ll forget it.

I also noticed I hear a different sound from the car- not one particular sound but overall it seems higher pitched, more raw or metallic somehow (not in a “there’s no lube” way).

On the very positive side. But my god, third gear from about 30. Touch the accelerator and the car just goes. Did I mention third gear?

Vroom.

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R

Which year/model/stage/fuel do you have? Are you having the same experience in D and S?

Throttle sensitivity does increase right after a flash, but it usually subsides over a few miles.

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
I find 2.51 more sensitive, and i like it.

What model/year/stage?

Anyone who thinks the throttle is more sensitive than before, please respond with details about their tunes so I can investigate.

Thanks
— Ed

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
What model/year/stage?

Anyone who thinks the throttle is more sensitive than before, please respond with details about their tunes so I can investigate.

Thanks
— Ed
Gti s, 2017, st.2.

Before i felt that i needed the pedal box at all times. Now when i punch it a little, throtyle response feels better. I haven't used my pedal box with 2.51.

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
For the record, I do not recommend using a pedal box or the pedal coding with my tunes. These can really mess with the intended drivability.

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Gti s, 2017, st.2.

Before i felt that i needed the pedal box at all times. Now when i punch it a little, throtyle response feels better. I haven't used my pedal box with 2.51.

Are you driving in D or S?

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Gti s, 2017, st.2.

Manual or DSG also?