GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Mk-19 baby

Rounds don’t arm until 32 revolutions (18-32m ammo/velocity dependent) which is a bit further than hand grenade range. Plus at that close of a range the MK19 would be a direct fire weapon, so not effective at the types of targets appropriate for lobbing a frag.

Source:
I know stuff.

Last edited:

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Fuck u. It’s not false. The ecs intake brought down open intake temps the fastest. Followed by intake duct with drivers side open. Where as the stock duct took way longer.

And yet still you respond with a Cool story😂

92% of your posts are based on your experience with google search engines… outside of washing cars that is…. So bravo with the soap and bucket😂

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Nothing to do with boost. Though I’m sure that could help

What.

Statement 1. NOTHING to do with boost
Statement 2. Though IM SURE that could help.

Okay 😂

You’re explaining it wrong. Forward motion has the biggest impact on open intake temps.

Oh so like how I was explaining before the idea of lost power from the heat would only happen AT IDLE, 10 MPH , 15 MPH.

😂😂😂

Thanks for playing champ

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Regardless of the (open or closed) intake, the turbo is heating up whatever intake air is being drawn in anyways

The intercooler will do the work of cooling it

So that's why with a NA motor, IMO, that heat soak would be a bigger issue....there's nothing to cool it down.

Ezekiel81923

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Volkswagen GTI
I have the ECS dual air inlet and can vouch for its effectiveness. I have the aFe open intake and it's not uncommon for IAT temperatures to be 180* at a stoplight in Phoenix when it's over 110*. I can feel less loss of power since the ECS dual air inlet was installed. IAT 's come down dramatically faster now once the car is moving with less loss of power.
Not the one you linked but the dual air inlet.

I guess I'm trying to figure out what is out there that is different than my current set up. My stock trim piece over the grille has two open vents, and there are no blocked off inlets in the grille or anywhere above. Then the IE tray is the full length of the grille and pushes air towards the filter. The only thing I think I could add that might do anything is the actual air deflector portion of the ECS ducts (but not the ducts, since I have two already).

I could spend $400 on the IE lid and see how much that changes things but other than that I think there's not much to alter.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Rounds don’t arm until 32 revolutions (18-32m ammo/velocity dependent) which is a bit further than hand grenade range. Plus at that close of a range the MK19 would be a direct fire weapon, so not effective at the types of targets appropriate for lobbing a frag.

Source:
I know stuff.
Impressed if you remembered that off the top of your head. I'm all about engaging from as far out as possible...comes from my M242 Bushmaster Bradley days....."troops, truck identified....driver up....troops first....Z pattern formation......truck HE rounds.....on the way"

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I guess I'm trying to figure out what is out there that is different than my current set up. My stock trim piece over the grille has two open vents, and there are no blocked off inlets in the grille or anywhere above. Then the IE tray is the full length of the grille and pushes air towards the filter. The only thing I think I could add that might do anything is the actual air deflector portion of the ECS ducts (but not the ducts, since I have two already).

I could spend $400 on the IE lid and see how much that changes things but other than that I think there's not much to alter.
It sounds like you've done everything that you can.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Regardless of the (open or closed) intake, the turbo is heating up whatever intake air is being drawn in anyways

The intercooler will do the work of cooling it

So that's why with a NA motor, IMO, that heat soak would be a bigger issue....there's nothing to cool it down.
An NA motor isn't pumping hot exhaust into the intake.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
A new DV.

1626276997158.png

Went with the Pierburg rev D one. Can confirm 100% the Pierburg one is just the VW\Audi one with the logo ground off lol.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I have less thank 4k miles and decided no way am I waiting until warranty is over. I will probably do it next year, so I will still be under 15K
I bought new and pro tuned with EQT at around 15k miles lol

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Manuals are better than automatics for enjoyment. VW's DSG is better than VW's manual. A good manual is better than VW's DSG.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Impressed if you remembered that off the top of your head. I'm all about engaging from as far out as possible...comes from my M242 Bushmaster Bradley days....."troops, truck identified....driver up....troops first....Z pattern formation......truck HE rounds.....on the way"

It’s amazing how much of that shit I retained, but can’t remember names of people I meet, or use wrong words in sentences at random.

I was also “Top Gun” in my BN for a bit. So I got to teach a bunch of gunners since we didn’t have provisions for a Master Gunner in our ranks. I never liked the Mk19, but I was really, really, good with one... like hitting the BRDM moving target on the Abrams/Brad range, from a moving truck, with my marker rounds good.