GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 Digital Cockpit retrofit

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
I forgot to ask before, beacuse i have allready one optical cable that is original connected to the AID, does this one need to be connected somewhere or somehow?
I need to remove it to connect the other optical from the unit.
Or do i just disconnect it and let it hang there.
Have you got Dynaudio? You need a splitter. This information is well documented already

FlorentDB

Car(s)
Golf GTE MK7.5
Sound files for what?
My speaker quality is really bad compared to my oem mib, the quality sux on the sound/music

Also do you know if i can put the speed limit signs on the AID, like i have on the Navi unit.
The one on the top left corner?
20211204_213733.jpg

yakev724

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 S3
No.

New rules came into force a few weeks ago. All used clusters looking to be programmed must now receive preauthorisation from VAG.

ODIS will prompt the user to fill out a form and send it via email to VAG head office. Once reviewed and approved by a human (can take a while - up to 48 hours) ODIS will permit the change like normal.

If VAG disagree with what you're doing and deny the request, IMMO cannot be programmed.

Only authorised repairers with legit ODIS access can now program used clusters. The new process stops all of the people using China accounts.

Does anyone here know a dealer/tech (preferably in the Northeast) who's done this at least once?

Willing to take the risk on a used cluster even if VAG deny - for my car a used cluster is $250, new >$1800

Thanks

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
Does anyone here know a dealer/tech (preferably in the Northeast) who's done this at least once?

Willing to take the risk on a used cluster even if VAG deny - for my car a used cluster is $250, new >$1800

Thanks
If you get a used cluster get one with mileage lower than your actual mileage. AZ far as I know you cannot change the mileage yet. But you can raise the mileage. There is a tool floating on the internet for that.

yakev724

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 S3
If you get a used cluster get one with mileage lower than your actual mileage. AZ far as I know you cannot change the mileage yet. But you can raise the mileage. There is a tool floating on the internet for that.

Mileage seems to be possible w the bench tool, few people can/have done it.

Big Q is what's the probability that dealer can remove CP and code the immobilizer w the new approval procedure? ~$300 of labor