GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

[HOW TO PATCH Component Protection] MIB2 Technisat/Preh Headunit Patch(gps headunits only with 2 sd card slots)

lesylf

Car(s)
MK7 1.6 TDI
Yes, I do have 2 SD slot in the glovebox :

HMISoftware : H25.14.25_STD2NAV_EU
Software Base : H25.14.25-201503171531
Part Ref : 3Q0035846

axelpart

Car(s)
Volkswagen Sharan
@ashok9949 thank you for the detailed guide. I have a question for patching my unit with 2 card slots. The current firmware version installed on the unit is MST2_EU_VW_PQ_P0359T and has also navigation. Do you recommend to upgrade to a specific version first before patching? For example can I upgrade safely to MST2_EU_VW_PQ_P0478T from here https://mibsolution.one/#/1/9/MST2 - TechniSat Preh/Firmware/VW_PQ/EU or should I try to patch my existing installed firmware version?

Last edited:

ash9949

Ready to race!
Car(s)
golf 7
@ashok9949 thank you for the detailed guide. I have a question for patching my unit with 2 card slots. The current firmware version installed on the unit is MST2_EU_VW_PQ_P0359T and has also navigation. Do you recommend to upgrade to a specific version first before patching? For example can I upgrade safely to MST2_EU_VW_PQ_P0478T from here https://mibsolution.one/#/1/9/MST2 - TechniSat Preh/Firmware/VW_PQ/EU or should I try to patch my existing installed firmware version?
478T is possible but risky

You can update to 369T

Samtgr

Car(s)
Arteon
Hi guys,
I want to use swap codes using obdeleven and i think i have to patch my unit mst2_eu_vw_zr_p0478t before. Please, where can i find the patch? And it is possible to downgrade from 0478t to p0475t ?
Thanks a lot.
Regards,

Samtgr

Car(s)
Arteon
Hello,
I have 1 spot unit and i already installed the patch below.
I generate some swap codes and i transfered them but they were marked not valid.
Thanks inadvance
Sorry, i was wrong. I didn't install this patch since i have 1 sd card slot.

georgekmo

Car(s)
MK7 , Octavia MK3VRS
First of all i want to thank and congratulate you on this amazing DIY, very simple and on point. I have a couple of question maybe you could make me understand a couple of things so i don't brick my unit. I have a MST2_EU_SK_ZR_P0241T, 0241 on a 5Q0035874A. I know i can't update my fw from 0241 to 0369 or 0480T, directly. The question is ,if i update and patch to 0253 and is succesfull, could i then update to 03xx or 04xx without modifying metainfo2 or any other procedures ? Thanks a lot ,sorry for the long post. Cheers !!

ash9949

Ready to race!
Car(s)
golf 7
First of all i want to thank and congratulate you on this amazing DIY, very simple and on point. I have a couple of question maybe you could make me understand a couple of things so i don't brick my unit. I have a MST2_EU_SK_ZR_P0241T, 0241 on a 5Q0035874A. I know i can't update my fw from 0241 to 0369 or 0480T, directly. The question is ,if i update and patch to 0253 and is succesfull, could i then update to 03xx or 04xx without modifying metainfo2 or any other procedures ? Thanks a lot ,sorry for the long post. Cheers !!
better do one step at at time, for starters if your p02xxx sw train then you can only upgrade to p02xx whatever is latest, and there is no amazing features in 0478t is looks and works same like p02xx only difrenent harware so diffrent software, and yes offcourse you can patch swdl and metainfo and update to p04xxx but it can be risky

follow MrFix on youtube he also had some issues updating headunit to p04xxx he also done a video how to unbrick