GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Beej1

1. Beej1

Momo Jet CF steering wheel

Momo Jet carbon fiber trimmed steering wheel, 350mm Excellent condition, no scratches or damage of any kind $200 + shipping Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. Beej1

SuperPro sway bar end links

$70 shipped via USPS in continental US. New, unopened ball joints replaced under their lifetime warranty. The aluminum tubes are used, but in excellent working order. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. Beej1

Gruvenparts end links?

Anyone have experience with these? I’m not finding any reviews, but the THK ball ends and stainless center body have me intrigued. http://www.gruvenparts.com/front-adjustable-swaybar-end-links-vw-mk5-mk6-audi/
  4. Beej1

Coolant temps up to 220 F

I monitor my coolant temps using my P3Cars gauge frequently in the summer and winter months. Usually they won't go over 206 F, but lately I've been seeing as high as 220 F. I shut off my car tonight, and both cooling fans were running. They're quiet, but they're running. Do these have two...
  5. Beej1

Rear suspension squeak

I'm getting an occasional squeak from the rear during straight-line driving, shock compression. I installed the rear H&R bar away bar 6 months ago, but these are not supposed to be lubricated, and I have not heard of people complaining that these squeak. The car is lowered on Eibach springs...
  6. Beej1

Front suspension updated - status gocart

I recently installed a bunch of parts to tighten up the front end. I feel like I've pieced together the perfect compromise of comfort and performance for a daily driver with this combo! I literally have no desires to mess with anything else under the car now. Recently installed: -H&R sway...
  7. Beej1

Ground Control Coilover Conversion Kit

Does the GC kit for our cars simply drop in on top of the strut perch? I have a GC setup for my E30. They offer two versions for that car: 1. Drop-in kit that sits on the strut perches. 2. Weld-in kit where they cut off your factory perches and weld on a collar, and use a shorter strut insert...
  8. Beej1

SuperPro control arm bushings without arms

Has anyone ever installed the SuperPro control arm bushings without arms with luck? I'm in need of some tips. I have these beautiful looking pieces below, which they sell separately (I assume for the MK6 owners that have lighter control arms than their MK5 counterparts). I can't for the life...
  9. Beej1

P0010 CEL

My car is throwing a CEL and my P3Cars gauge says says the code is 0010... P0010 Volkswagen - 'A' Camshaft Position Actuator Circuit Bank 1 - Dirty engine oil - Low engine oil level - Camshaft Position Actuator Circuit is open or shorted - Camshaft Position Actuator Circuit poor electrical...
  10. Beej1

Rear hatch rattle & damping

I had a slight rattle in my rear hatch and I HATE rattles. I didn't see a lot of info on removing the hatch panel, and I found it a little tricky, so here's some quick info. After you remove the two screws on the panel, there are a bunch of clips that need to be popped: Green clips are easy...
  11. Beej1

Subframe bolt question

I've recently noticed the dreaded spring "popping" after installing my Eibach Pro kit and Koni yellows. First off, I had the work done at a VW shop. I've read that the subframe bolts are usually the culprit. Are these normally even touched when changing the struts? I went under the car to...
  12. Beej1

Volume not working on Sirius only

I'm curious if anyone's ever heard of a problem like this. I have the Nav/Dynaudio stereo in my GTI Autobahn. Initial weirdness: I hopped in my car this morning and Sirius had a message that said "Updating channels 0%". It went a way after a few seconds, but my volume turned down to "1"...
  13. Beej1

Alternate brake reservoir

It seems like a common issue with other members that stage 2 intake pipes hit the brake reservoir and vibrate the pedals. I spent Sunday making supports and modifying the tube and with very little gain. In the BMW world we swap power brake components pretty frequently, but I'm still new to...