GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by bobbymkvi

1. bobbymkvi

GTI won't start!

So I decide to go out to get a cup of coffee, get in my car, turn the key, and it won't start! It's not the battery, all the lights and the radio and everything are working just fine. I waited a little bit, tried it again, still, the engine won't crank over. A couple times I'd hear a...
  2. bobbymkvi

mk7 Golf starts production in August

here's the article... http://wot.motortrend.com/lucky-number-seven-next-gen-volkswagen-golf-starts-production-this-august-231485.html
  3. bobbymkvi

Bluetooth quirk

Hi everyone, So I just recently started having a peculiar annoyance with the bluetooth module in my 2010 GTI. Normally, I'd get in the car, start her up and it would automatically pair up with my phone, no problems. Now, however, once it pairs up, the module automatically switches off from...
  4. bobbymkvi

Noise from engine...

Just noticed this last night and then again today. There seems to be a noise coming from the engine that I have not previously heard before. It's kind of like the noise one of those turning sprinklers makes, like ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-ch.... The noise continues for several minutes after I...
  5. bobbymkvi

Ugh! Did something stupid...

Was driving a little pissed off today, and was leaving a gas station when I kind of turned a bit sharply and came off the curb instead of the driveway. I'm such an idiot. Well, long story short, I broke the plastic under carriage on the passenger side behind the front wheel and it started...
  6. bobbymkvi

Torque steer?

Over the last couple of weeks I've noticed a handful of instances of torque steer like I've never experienced before. Of course, these are during times of hard acceleration, but it's not like I haven't done that before (a lot, can't help it). The last occurrence was just this past evening, as...
  7. bobbymkvi

Awesome VW commercial: The Force

I know it's not a GTI commercial, but we're all Dub lovers right? I just saw this one for the upcoming Passat. It's freaking sweet. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R55e-uHQna0
  8. bobbymkvi

With all this downpour...

I have to say I've never felt so steady and secure driving in the rain as I do in the GTI. It always feels planted and sure-footed, and never seems to mind no matter how much or hard the rain is coming down. It's almost as if it loves playing in the rain. Well done GTI. Well done.
  9. bobbymkvi

High pitched, whirling, swirling noise?

Hey everyone, so here's the issue I am having... I get a low volume, high pitched whirling, swirling noise, much like someone who can barely whistle, trying to whistle. I hope that makes sense. It seems to be coming from the right side of my GTI. When I have the stereo cranked, I obviously...
  10. bobbymkvi

Any info on this? Too good to be true?

Was looking at chipping options and I ran across this. Anyone with any info? http://www.gfchips.com/volkswagengti.aspx
  11. bobbymkvi

Whats your occupation?

Photographer and dilettante.
  12. bobbymkvi

Good SoCal dealer for service?

Been reading too many unhappy stories about poor dealer support and service. Any SoCal guys out there with good service from SoCal dealerships that you guys and gals can recommend? I'm near Bozzani, but I hear they are a mixed bag. I've heard a couple good things about the Pasadena...
  13. bobbymkvi

Dealers and Mods...

I was wondering if anyone knows, for sure, of dealers in Southern California that are mod friendly? I know that if you chip your car, you will void your warranty in most cases. I'm not really looking to go that route, yet... I'm not in any real rush to mod, as I'm still breaking the car in...
  14. bobbymkvi

Have you named your GTI?

Just curious, but normally I name my cars (silly habit I know, for me however, it just adds an extra level of personal connection to my ride), though as of yet I have yet to come up with a suitable name for my 2010 CW GTI. I tried looking for cool Germanic female names, but ummmm, to be...
  15. bobbymkvi

Is it the heat?

Hi everyone! I'm a new owner of a Candy White GTI with DSG that I've had for almost a week now. I have around 400 miles on her, but here is my issue. I am not getting the "amazing" mileage most people are talking about (approx 17-20 mpg in town). I haven't taken her out much on the highway...