GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by bonz

1. bonz

GT5 snub?

I was kind of disappointed the Mk6 wasn't in Wipeout HD too. I don't like the artifacts in the blur behind the car there; do you have a full resolution version?
  2. bonz

Beetle Not Gone?

We had some photos of it here: http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10118 I still think it looks like a Panamera Jr.
  3. bonz

What to get: a New GTI or Old Porsche 911 ?

You're in Oman, so it's probably different, but in the US, modifications only void the warranty on problems caused by the modification. The four-door and two-door have the same wheelbase, and are the same width and length.
  4. bonz

What to get: a New GTI or Old Porsche 911 ?

This a hundred times. One of them is brand new and in warranty, and the other is a ten-year-old high-precision German sports car. Depending on how many times you flunk classes or change majors, the GTI will still be in warranty and cost you nothing in repairs by the time you graduate. The...
  5. bonz

Mk6 vs. Asics Shihans

I was waiting on a traffic light yesterday when going out for a drink, and a CSG Mk6 GTI pulled up too. When the light turned green, we started moving at the same time, but by the time I was even out of the intersection he was already very many car lengths ahead of me. However, the Shihans are...
  6. bonz

2011 GTI Configurator

The Volkswagen of America site has been updated for the 2011 model year GTI: http://configurator.vw.com/ihdcc/configurator.html#10004 For nerds: the new configurator uses HTML, JavaScript (with the jQuery framework) and embedded fonts, so you can use it on your iPad and still enjoy the tasteful...
  7. bonz

Car Suggestions?

Yeah "road salt" confused me; that's year-round here due to the salt air :) But really, winter tires will be a much bigger difference in the snow than an AWD system.
  8. bonz

Car Suggestions?

If you don't just want a used GTI, but want something sporty, maybe a Miata? Almost all are manual, an old one will be cheap, not terribly powerful, but sporty. Downside: tall people (like me) or really vain people who care about looks over driving fun can't drive them.
  9. bonz

What was your first car?

In the US market, model years start very early; I think the 2011 GTIs started being available in the US in June or July. One of my friends got his 2011 Mustang in May of 2010.
  10. bonz

The Rollgolf

ei6HXjrWUpY The Rollgolf is awesome. Start with a Mk2 Golf. 17xxvSkcv8U Cut the body section with the two doors out. Add roll bars. Replace chassis with chassis from Golf Country Convert to LP gas. OTfiAmuOp5c You might want to remove the windshield as well.
  11. bonz

What was your first car?

1988 Grand Voyager: learned to drive in this thing, hauled lots of shit, but a total pig on gas; electrical system died in 2002 while my brother was driving it, went to junkyard that would tow for free 1988 Ford Festiva: learned stick, had stupid driving fun, enjoyed its go-kart like...
  12. bonz

First real photos of the 2012 beetle

I think it looks like a baby Panamera.
  13. bonz

Subie or Mitsu (now with HUGE PEEKS from NEEK)

If they got rid of the vanes below/aft of the headlights, lost the spoiler, and made the whole thing (save the front bumper) the body color I'd drive that MF all over the place. I've had (am having) pretty good reliability history with Mitsubishis, though. (please break down so I have an...
  14. bonz

Surfed a little on the MK5 forum

Or this one…
  15. bonz

Surfed a little on the MK5 forum

I think forum software should detect somebody about to post in a furious rage about something and attempt to cool them down with this image: