GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by DekeTurbo

1. DekeTurbo

Motul or Castrol?

Okay so I know that there about 1000:1 opinions on which is the best motor oil to use. But what I'm wondering is what people's experiences are after using it after a while. I've been using Castrol edge performance 5W-30 for a while and heard some good things about motul xcess 8100 5W-40. What...
  2. DekeTurbo

Car lurching from idle

Okay so my DSG after being put into drive and I release the brake likes to lag then lurch. At first I thought breaks but after replacing all the lines, and pads I figured not. I then started to think this could be a result of maybe the previous owner having it modded to stage 1 but putting all...
  3. DekeTurbo

Brake pads, onoe new one old.

So today I put new brake pads on the rears. The Driver side rear went on perfectly but the passenger side won't accept the two new pads. It'll take one new and one old but not two new. If I try to force it I'm worried that it'll strip the bolt because it appears to make the caliper line up...
  4. DekeTurbo

Rear Wiper Delete?

Just curious how many people have done the Rear wiper delete and whether you like it or felt it was worth doing. -DT
  5. DekeTurbo

Oil Drain plug VS Oil drain Valve

Okay so I recently found http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-Golf_VI--2.0T/Search/SiteSearch/Oil_Valve/ES2208993/ when searching for an oil change kit. I'm pretty intrigued by the idea of installing a valve to change my oil vs continually using a plug that I have to replace after a year or two...
  6. DekeTurbo

Brake Pads EBC vs Stoptech?

Hey guys I need to draw on your collective experience. I'm about to replace the brake pads on my MK 6 and am having a tough time deciding which will meet my needs better and since I couldn't find thread about this already I figured I'd start one. Firstly just to say that right now my GTI is...
  7. DekeTurbo

Strange hiss on acceleration

So I started noticing a few strange things with my GTI... now this could be normal since this is the first Turbo I've owned and I'm only now getting used to the sounds and feel of the car. But this in combo with a few other things has me worried so I'd appreciate some help in determining if this...
  8. DekeTurbo

Rear Seat delete this Friday

Just wanted to share some excitement I've been having and an upcoming project. I've ordered a rear seat delete from Euro Kreations and it should be delivered (hopefully) on Friday. Then over the weekend I'm going to make a stealth box for my 10' L7 sub. I'll be posting some before and after pics...
  9. DekeTurbo

Obscure Radar Detector?

I'm trying to find a good radar detector that doesn't really obscure or clog up my windshield. Wondering what solutions you guys have used that works. I'm on a budget so those expensive $2000 systems won't work. Thanks! -DT
  10. DekeTurbo

Spray Foam Successful?

Has anyone used the Spray Foam sound barrier stuff (such as "Great Stuff") to any effect? Does it actually work? I've been considering it as filler to some of the spaces that I can't get dynomat into. But before I commit to something like that I'd like to make sure it's effective. I've seen a...
  11. DekeTurbo

FS RNS-510 C

I have an RNS-510 C (Has code) for sale. It's in mint shape and works like new. I'll post up some pics when I get home from work. Asking $900 includes shipping.
  12. DekeTurbo

Audio Crackle?

After the last few days I've finally got most of my audio issues resolved. The last of my issues is a very minor crackle (the sound I'm hearing is almost like the crackle sound you get with a record player every so often). It happens at all volumes and happens intermittently. It's not coming...
  13. DekeTurbo

Looking for a rear seat delete/false floor

I'm looking for a rear seat delete for my MK6. I saw someone in the MK5 forums selling one but since I still haven't gotten a response allowing me to join them I'm posting here in hopes he may see my interest in it. He was selling for $160. If anyone else is selling around that price let me...
  14. DekeTurbo

Eonon, my experience

Originally I had planned, I had hoped that I would do a full DIY install, Review and have a reason to change my mind about buying something other than American or European. I was somewhat skeptical about the purchase of my GM5153 head unit but after the excitement generated by some members and...
  15. DekeTurbo

ESP Error??

Hey guys, I just finished installing my sub amp today but when I went to test it and turn the key I get an ESP error. Not sure why or how to fix it. Anyone have any idea's why this would trigger after an amp install? -DT