GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by DreamingTwig

1. DreamingTwig

DSG shifting manually vs leave it in Auto

A certain someone I know who used to work at a VW dealer, tells me not to drive my GTI auto by shifting it around like it was a stick... that all it does is stress out the transmission and will cause the thing to wear out faster. VW tells you it will work, but not that it will burn the trans out...
  2. DreamingTwig

OS Lion anyone?

Hey all... Mac-Head here on a MacBook Pro (only a few months old). I downloaded the thing, then found the hack to burn it to a bootable disk... --Download Mac OS X Lion from the Mac App Store ($29.99) --From the Mac OS X Finder, locate the Mac OS X Installation file that was downloaded...
  3. DreamingTwig

Verizon and iPhone question

I've got the Verizon iPhone and it's fine with the GTI but have the problem connecting the thing with the car when it starts up. I've paired them up, but most of the time when check the phone/connection and it's not finding the phone. I have to go to the phone's settings/Bluetooth and turning it...
  4. DreamingTwig

Google+

I'm on... but dun kno how to connect to the MK6 thing. Meh. I'm going outside now.
  5. DreamingTwig

Pimp my Ride.... India

They even put gas in the tank! Those guys, I tell you. That's my next mod.
  6. DreamingTwig

san jose sharks.

At least the Rangers still suck.
  7. DreamingTwig

Verizon iPhone not re-connecting after shut off.

Lo' all... I have a Verizon iPhone and usually pair it up to the GTI (basic radio here) and then make all the calls hands free... no problem. I also play music through the Bluetooth connection... Pandora, iPod, whatever... No problem. The problem is that when I shut the GTI off, go to work...
  8. DreamingTwig

Is the Bluetooth Module in the head unit?

Hey all... I'm looking to swap out the factory head unit but if I do, I'll loose the bluetooth hands free calling right? It's not something I can run without it eh? I didn't think so.... the guys at the dealer told me it's part of the head unit, but thought I'd ask first.
  9. DreamingTwig

What was your last car?

Rides 98 New Bug 2004 MIni The VW...
  10. DreamingTwig

Audio from my old car I want to put in the GTI:

Hey all... I picked up a 2011 GTI with the basic audio gear and I'm looking to use some things I have from my previous rides in it... What do you think? Speakers: JL Audio C2650 for the front Evolution™ C3 Series 6-3/4" convertible component speaker system 15-100 watts RMS and Alpine...
  11. DreamingTwig

Anyone got a VCDS (Vag-Com) in Northern New Jersey?

Hey all... I'm a new GTI owner and a little confused as to why VW doesn't ask the customer what setting they want from the dealership and set it then. Local VW dealer wants to charge me a few hours for setting this up. :mad0259: Should be free. Anyone in northern NJ have one and wanna help...
  12. DreamingTwig

Hello and welcome. Introduce yourselves here

Hello from New Joisey. Hey all.. Just picked up my Black 2door automatic GTI and it's great to have found this site! I've spent every free second catching up on all to learn here. Still getting the hang of this car but liking what I'm feeling so far. I had one of the first New Beetles and...