GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by GTIJosh

1. GTIJosh

My standup jetski trailer

Bought a trailer kit and made a custom deck to haul two standup skis. The tongue load is currently (with one ski 53lbs) well under the rated 200. Car pulls it very well barley notice a difference in acceleration driving around town. I have the hidden hitch and am currently getting the clang...
  2. GTIJosh

Deafult bluetooth phone output VCDS

So I always have to turn my radio all the way up to hear people on the handsfree, but that makes the cars voice deafining. In the telephone module under adaptation you can change the gain for all outputs (I changed speech output). My phones blue tooth (iphone 3gs) volume is turned all the way...
  3. GTIJosh

OEM intake Vs. Carbonio DAQ inside

I had to do a project for an instrumentation class and I chose to measure the pressure differential across the OEM intake and the Carbonio as well as intake air velocity. The data is decent but keep in mind there are lots of sources of error, ie pressure transducers used are +/- 2.5 kpa, MyDAQ...
  4. GTIJosh

K&N drycharger for Carbonio filter

I discovered these on my schools Formula FSAE car. They pre filter large debris (bugs etc) from getting in the filters folds and keep them from ingesting water (I'm not to worried about the water, but digging bugs out of the filter isn't fun). This one is a tight fit it may be easier to...
  5. GTIJosh

Anyone had experience with Turbo Blue brand fuels?

I've been wanting to try out my 100 octane file, but Missouri is pretty limited in 100 oct dealers. I know Sunoco is available somewhere, but Turbo Blue unleaded is available in Jefferson city which is relatively close to me. _______________ sunoco 260 gt_____turbo blue unleaded octane...
  6. GTIJosh

FS/FT Entire kicker sound system

2X kicker kx1200.1 1X kicker 350.2 2X kicker L7 10'' 2X kicker 10'' sub grills 1X giant ported box (fits mk3 Jetta nicely, also hits 143db in a mk3 Jetta) 1X power acoustik singledin dvd head unit. 0 gauge amp kits for the 1200.1 4 gauge amp kit kx350.2 fuses/holder, circuit breaker 150A I...
  7. GTIJosh

don't follow the mkv add a fuse part#s

So I bought a 5A repaire wire part # off the mkv forum add a fuse thread write up. Everything in the thread went well except that the wire is to small to snap into our fuse box. I suppose the larger ones may work, but the 5A does not. update: order the higher amp capacity wire and it worked...
  8. GTIJosh

FS: Trunk led bulbs

I ordered some festoon led bulbs (only needed one). I am happy with them although they seem to be a little big (had to bend the contact a little but works fine). Have 8 white leds per bulb. 1) If your interested pm me and I'll give you my address. 2) Send me $3 (almost all of that will go...
  9. GTIJosh

Launch control software for 6 speed

I got a chance to drive a friends wrx. Which had an open source tune. One of the features he added was a launch control feature which limited his rpm to like 4100 (awd launch) while in first gear with the clutch in. Is this out there for our cars? I am capable of using foot control to launch at...
  10. GTIJosh

Loose rear view mirror

So I got my windows tinted last Saturday and noticed it loose now. When I pull the tab forward at night the mirror aims at the ceiling. I figured the tinted was at fault. Did research and found the mkv has a ring that holds the tabs tight on the ball. Mine either doeesnt have one or it's...
  11. GTIJosh

FS: blank button stickers

Will sell for $2 and a stamp
  12. GTIJosh

Meguiar's scratch X 2.0

Just thought I'd share my experience with this today. Did exactly what I wanted it todo with almost no effort. I removed the B-pillar scratches the factory leaves. Took like 10 sec of polishing on each blemish. I also removed a group of scratches my significant other put on the roof with her...
  13. GTIJosh

APR Carbonio Filter rating

I am curious to know what the rating is on the filter that comes with the carbonio compared to the stock filter. I've heard bad things about K&N filters effectively sharpening piston rings, because the don't filter anything smaller than a whole leaf. From my understanding the only way to...
  14. GTIJosh

TOP GEAR AMERICA ON IN 10

Tanner Foust's attempt at some one liners was terrible. I felt ashamed to watch it, no Clarkson no Top Gear.