GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by LEXSR1

1. L

deleted APR tune?

So I dropped my car off at dealership service department to have the headlight assembly and ballast replaced due to headlight moisture. They also did the 10k maintenance service while the car was there. When I picked the car up today, the technician mentioned that they had to run a diagnostic...
  2. L

Lights off!

So my car has the bi-xenon headlights and have been working perfectly fine with no issues since i bought the car 4 months ago. Last week I washed my car and afterwards noticed some moisture/water droplets that were inside the headlamp housing. I was kinda upset about this but didn't think much...
  3. L

scratches

So this morning as i'm walking towards my car, i noticed 3 long and fine scratches on the hood that were caused by my cat getting on top of the car. I've had scratches on my previous cars and have attempted multiple ways of removing them, but nothing seems to ever work. Any recommendations on...
  4. L

wax & quick detailer?

Just wondering what you're preferred choice is for wax and also for quick detailer spray? Any particularly good ones out there? Personal experiences with results?
  5. L

plastic seat edge??

I don't know if its just me, but has anyone else noticed how easily scratched the side plastic seat edges are? I've had my car for about 2 months and there's already a few annoying scratches on both front seats. I'm careful not to scratch the seat when getting in and out of the car but...
  6. L

2011 GTI stage 2 vs Cavalier

So i'm just driving along minding my own business when a cavalier(02-03 model) with a loud-ass exhaust pulls up next to me wanting to go at it. At first I just ignore him and pretend he's not there, but he kept on revving his engine and pulling/dropping back and forth. After about a minute of...
  7. L

sound when accelerator is let go?

I recently went stage 2 with carbonio intake. I've noticed that when i accelerate and after let go of the pedal to change gears, i hear a whoosh/vibration sound coming from the left side of the engine bay. The sound is more pronounced when i accelerate hard and then let go of the pedal. It's not...
  8. L

Eibach Sportline springs

For those of you that have the sportline springs, just wanted your opinions on them. Do you like the stance, the ride, any issues with them? Any pictures would be awesome also.
  9. L

H&R super sport springs

Does anyone have the H&R super sport springs installed on their car? If so, could you please post some pics? I cant decide between the sports or super sports from H&R.
  10. L

42DD 3" downpipe question??

Does anybody know if the 42DD downpipe is too loud with no res or cat? I've heard that it can be too loud without them, but just wondering if any of you guys have one? any replies will be greatly appreciated!
  11. L

Forge DV spacer sound?

I installed the Forge DV spacer yesterday on my GTI and drove it to work today with the windows down just to hear the sound it makes. I noticed that the turbo-spooling sound is quite louder than before and the overall turbo whistle seems to be more pronounced. I don't know if its just me, or if...
  12. L

2011 GTI-autobahn-6 spd-CSG

Hello fellow GTI'ers! :P Just purchased mine last week and i'm loving it so far! I have a lot of plans in store for this car, mod-wise. I'll keep you guys posted on the progress as I go along. I've been reading this forum since before I purchased the car, you guys are very informative and have...