GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by #madrussian

1. M

Rough Idle / Engine Shake

Hello Everybody, I've read some other forums mostly AU and EU about rough idle/shaking issues, just wanted to hit up this community, see if anyone else has/had this issue and what the culprit might be in my case. Ive had this problem for quite some time now, and at 1st it was avoidable -...
  2. M

Weird Noise Knock from Tranny

Hey all, Was driving last night and noticed a weird situation with the car. At above 3.5K rpm if I drop the throttle then get back on it there is a very noticeable knock like a catch up of the engine to the transmission or something. Feels quite unsettling, almost like a clutch drop...
  3. M

Weird knock at high rpm tranny issue?

Prerequisite information: 2013 Golf R Manual 6speed 59k miles Was driving last night and noticed a weird situation with the car. At above 4K rpm if I drop the throttle then get back on it there is a very noticeable knock like a catch up of the engine to the transmission or something...
  4. M

Rough Cold Start Idle...

Hey all, Saw a few similar posts but no concrete discussion on the topic. Ive recently noticed a progressively rougher idle on a cold start, which persists until the car has warmed up a bit. I have new plugs -maybe 6k miles and newish air filter. Car is stock. 53k miles. Has anyone...
  5. M

Headlight Washers

Quick question here. So it looks like something may be quite wrong with my headlight washers, the fuse is blown and blows every time i put a new one in and run the wipers. The question then, does anyone know how to get to the device that sends the motors the signal/or to the motors themselves...
  6. M

End of Warranty - oil Change

So the end of my manufacturer warranty is coming, and i don't much care, as i am very comfortable doing my own car maintenance. ;) I do however have a question for the users here as to the ECS oil change kit, with the aluminum oil filter housing and also considering getting a fumoto valve to...
  7. M

Headlight Washers

I have a new topic that's been bugging me for a while now and I keep forgetting to bring it up. Does anyone know of a tested/repeatable way to get the headlight washers to pop up and wash the headlights? At this point i think they are like big-foot or something, keep remembering that they...
  8. M

Fans Running

Hey all, So this happened to me a couple of times now, i just want to see if I'm the only one and should take the car in to get checked out or not. Driving home from work i notice the car running louder than usual, at a few of the lights i dropped my windows and could hear the fans running...
  9. M

Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement/Upgrade

Hey all, I was recently told by a marginally reliable source that if i want to replace my stock brake pads i should also be replacing my rotors. I have a few questions in regards to this: 1. Do i really need to replace the rotors if I'm replacing pads, as I'm replacing pads for brake dust...
  10. M

Whats your occupation?

Cloud operations engineer/product operations manager for a small software company.
  11. M

Windshield Wipers

So i had my car taken in for some diagnostics recently, my A/C fan was running even while the A/C wasn't on, they found a nicked wire. for them to diognose it they had to take a lot of the top ed stuff apart, to get to the ecu and other harnesses. The issue was fixed under warranty, but after...