GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Randum

1. Randum

P0036 Sensor replacements

Error is P0036, "HO2S Heater Control Circuit, Bank 1, Sensor 2" - I resolved this twice before by replacing my o2 sensor that is under the passenger side. It has come up now 3 times in the life of my car. And more recently because I park outside in the winter more often, this came up now twice...
  2. Randum

PCV Fix

Hello all, I hope to make this post for future reference if anyone has issues. It is well documented online but just wanted to add here. I had this exact noise here ONLY on idle and without giving it throttle: Opened up my PCV diaphragm, which is a pain in the butt- be sure to remove coil...
  3. Randum

Stripped Rear Sway Bar Bolt

If it makes you feel better, I tried to install my rear sway (after market) and I stripped a bolt in the process....had to take it to the shop with my tail between my legs...
  4. Randum

PCV Diaphragm Check

Hello all! So I went down the youtube hole of maintenance items for our engines and kept seeing this reoccurring theme of "Remove the dipstick and the engine should stutter, then continue per normal means you have no issues with your PCV - if it runs normal with no stutters, you have a problem!"...
  5. Randum

Brakes - discs & pads

I am just hitting the 200 miles mark now and doing the final bedding procedure this weekend. So far no issues or complaints other than very, very low speed after warm up I will still get squealing- annoying, but nothing that isn't tolerable. Hoping that subsides after the bedding. But my plan is...
  6. Randum

Brakes - discs & pads

I may start a thread just on my experience, so I did my pads for the first time and went with the EBC "Red Stuff" option on my stock rotors. I am still in the "break in period" but I get quite a bit of squeaking so far, but hoping it fades because they do grab quite a bit more than stock. I...
  7. Randum

APR 104 Octane File

I recall running a 100 octane file but after the recent update, when I filled up 100, I went to my mobile app, realized its now 104! Everything I understand running a higher octane map, and using lower fuel is bad. Plain and simple. Anyone know if our engines can adjust to that lower octane...
  8. Randum

Grease the bushings!

I need recommendations for a grease gun and grease for my rear sway! Been squeaking and looking for anyone recommendation for pushing some grease into those bushings! (APR Rear Sway)
  9. Randum

Small Tire bubble, make me feel better...

I have the original tires from the dealer on still and have about 31k miles, and I was told to just "keep an eye on the tires" but realistically should probably be replaced as they are 8 years old. I understand tires should generally be swapped out after 5-6 years regardless of their use. And...
  10. Randum

FS: Rhino Ramps in Chicago Area

SOLD: Rhino Ramps in Chicago Area I have a very lightly used Rhino Ramps for sale. NOTE:Since I had the car lowered, theses do not work for pulling up. You will need to use wood planks, some guys posted doing this on youtube/on here. You can reverse up for exhaust work (the only thing I used...
  11. Randum

ECS Cutout Questions

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-assembled-by-ecs-parts/exhaust-cutout-kit-30-with-double-apex-oe-switch/020923ecs01-02kt/ (this is what I saw) I am seeing conflicting posts on this - based on the ECS test they see a little power bump (nothing big) - but the its nice to hit a button and have an...
  12. Randum

New Battery Time!

Well my battery is finally not holding a charge - was curious if anyone has a recommendation other than just going to your local place and picking up something that is "gold" standard or whatever.\ (car is stored in the winter w/trickle charger so something that is not daily driven if that matters)
  13. Randum

Apparently my neighbors don't like VW's. . .

Yeah I'd be worried about vadalism at this point...I'd maybe invest in a little camera setup- this is so annoying. I assume your neighbor will be easy to pick out due to the "Trump for President" lawn signs... You need to post this to their yelp/facebook for the car dealership! Good ol'yelp...
  14. Randum

California Coast Car Rental

Hello all, My buddy and I are flying out to LA and driving up the coast to San Francisco on a little road trip. Our only options for car rentals are your normal rental places - does anyone know any good alternatives that would allow you to rent the car in LA and return up in San Francisco that...
  15. Randum

If you had $120,000 to buy a car with

R8 all day. And honestly, I'll get hammered for saying this, but give me the 8 or 10 - really doesn't matter to me, just black with black side pillars and I'm good. I'd have to go with a used one considering the MSRP is a little over the 120k. Or in complete fantasy land, I'd import a Scirocco...