GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Ronsgti

1. R

Trading in for a 528i sedan?

Have a great offer from the dealership. First 2 payments made. .9% apr for 60 months. My car payment would only increase slightly. It's a cpo and 2009 sports package BMW. Should I do it? I gonna leave to the dealership in about 2 hours.
  2. R

Who practices engine braking on daily drives (Manual Transmission)

Saves your brakes, plus puts you in the best powerband. Its been said it doesn't hurt your engine or your clutch.
  3. R

When was the last time you stalled on a manual transmission

Before today on my gti it was 2 years ago on my s2000.
  4. R

Need help removing license plate

After taking off the 2 screws picture my plate still remains on. What do I do to take it off?
  5. R

Make me feel better and show me worse pictures than this

I hate it when I ding/scratch my car. Sometimes the one ding makes me want to sell it or not drive it out of sadness that it's not in pristine condition Can you guys help me feel better by showing me worse pictures than this so I can go on with my life out of depression. Got hit by a...
  6. R

Can I go to any dealer for my free service maintenance

Bought the car as a cpo. Was told the first 2 oil changes and services were free through Vw. Just curious if I have to go back to the original dealership I bought it or can I go to any Vw and they will validate the offer
  7. R

Thinking of trading in for a M roadster...

What do you guys think? My 2011 gti for a 2006 BMW M roadster? Payments would go up about $40.00 All opinions welcome.
  8. R

Is $150 for labor for a stage 1 install normal?

Looking to do stage one soon. Got a qoute from ecodetuning in torrance California for $599.99 + $150 for labor and unlimited updates with free stage 2 update. Just curious if that's the normal price and if not can someone refer me to anyone else in the oc/la county area please
  9. R

After 6 months of ownership got my first dent!

Today was a very sad day. Dent on my drivers side fender. I'm very sad. Do you guys have any dents?
  10. R

Chevy Volt

Do you think it's worth trading in for a Chevy volt? They go for about 35k right now. First 30-50 miles all electricity then gas kicks in to make more electricity getting 35city 40 hwy. Cool looking car but you think the savings on fuel would be worth it? Slight increase on electricity bill...
  11. R

Can we do anything to the gti to save more gas?

I know the gti has good mpg for what it is already but can we get more mpg out of it? Either driving it hyper mile style or mods to make it more fuel efficient.
  12. R

Cayman S, 335i, A5

These are my coworkers cars, and they all love my gti. But is our gti in the same league? I know it's different price bracket/class, but we all park side by side next to each other everyday, and sometimes I feel the gti is the odd man out. If you were to rank the cars what order would you put...
  13. R

What's shows and movies has the gti been on?

I was watching the Incredible hulk today and I noticed drove a mk5 Gti. Any other mentions out there?
  14. R

I feel all alone being stock

I feel all alone because I feel everyone has some kind I mod to there car. Who out is stock and doesn't have stage 1 or more. Personally I'm happy stock. Is there something wrong with the car stock
  15. R

Slight knocking sound from car when moving when on a cold start

Im getting a slight knocking sound on a cold start for the first 2 minutes or so. is this common? From the cabin it sound it's coming from the right rear passenger section.