GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by sethdude

1. sethdude

OG GTi - 1984 Rabbit GTi

I have an '84 as well. I have gone through the engine, brakes, and suspension, but kept the original patina.
  2. sethdude

FS: OEM Roof Rack Cross Bars

I am selling a set of OEM crossbars for a MkV/MkVI GTI/Golf. I am asking $150 shipped, $125 local (St. Louis) pick-up. They're covered in bug guts, but I'll clean them up for an additional $10.
  3. sethdude

FS:Unibrace UB (Red)

For sale is my Unibrace UB in red. It has some scratches on it from gravel road usage, but is 100% structurally sound. $250 local pick-up, $275 shipped.
  4. sethdude

The Petition To Reinstate Jeremy Clarkson

Show's been in decline for the past few seasons. Let it die, remember the good times.
  5. sethdude

Inb4 20 more Robert Downey Jr threads.

Iron Man drives a MkVI. Cool. Now move along, folks.
  6. sethdude

Daily driver to accompany GTI?

Sell the GTI and get a Buick LeSabre, MeeMaw.
  7. sethdude

Deer Hunter

You ever try lifting 200lbs of dead animal with sharp hooves on top the roof without breaking a window? Sure, it's possible, but it's far from ideal.
  8. sethdude

Talk me out of buying a 2006 E55 AMG

OP already said he's not a DIY guy, and that's a DIY brake job you linked to. Meanwhile: http://m.mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=450536&styleid=20 OP, the E55 AMG is an outstanding vehicle. Just remember- when you buy a car that cost $90k new, the ownership cost remains that of a...
  9. sethdude

Which second car would you buy for 15k?

It'd be the 5th car in my fleet- I'm going with a Miata.
  10. sethdude

Would you trade for a e46 M3??

If it were a manual, Id consider it, but I'd definitely pass on the SMG. They were very problematic, even when new, and nothing is cheap to fix on a BMW.
  11. sethdude

What're you gonna do with your tax refund?

crowds of women are always an option, unless you get a legal marriage. Then, you'll pay out the ass. Until then, you're legally single.
  12. sethdude

Ok. But now the mods have to move this thread to the proper section.
  13. sethdude

^This. And I'm a government employee, so no 401K. I have a pension and an "employee savings plan" that contributes as much as $25 per month to my savings. No thanks, I'll invest that money in other, much more profitable ventures.
  14. sethdude

Who gets refunds? Students? People with kids? I'll be holding off to see if I owe anything this year, and then I'll buy a new roof. If there's any money left in my roof budget, maybe I'll buy a XBoxOne.
  15. sethdude

Traded in my GTI for something else German...

I've owned multiple BMWs. They are wonderful cars, but hardly exclusive. That's why. If I was jealous, I would still own a BMW. I sold all 3 of them, and don't feel the need to buy another right now. I think the GTI is more fun to drive than my 328 ever was. Until they make it...