GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by spacecity.gti

1. spacecity.gti

What did you do to your MK6 today?

Hello fellow Houstonian
  2. spacecity.gti

Thankfully everything went well (well, sorta). Monday, when it happened, got the car towed home, waited for the car to cool off and started to try and remove the oil pan, but it was super stuck. Gave up on it as it was already evening and I was tired from the experience and the day at work...
  3. spacecity.gti

Had this lovely experience on my way home from work yesterday. I didn't even see what I hit but I heard a loud bang and pulled off to the side of the road and shut off the car. I'm hoping I acted fast enough to not cause any damage to the engine. Waiting on some parts so I can replace the oil...
  4. spacecity.gti

The engine mounts are torqued then given an extra 90° turn since they're stretch bolts. Not sure how that works with you trying to check the torque.
  5. spacecity.gti

Lights, but I've looked and looked and looks like it's not something that can be coded with the MK6.
  6. spacecity.gti

Trying to figure out how to disable cold diagnostics for my car. Anyone have any ideas?
  7. spacecity.gti

Golf R headlights vs Vland headlights

Headlights should fit either way. If they're real factory HIDs, you're talking about maybe 3 times the price of the Vlands, so it's up to you. Which would be the best quality? Factory. If you can afford it, go for it. I couldn't, so I went with Vland headlights. See a photo of mine here...
  8. spacecity.gti

Yeah, you just turn the wheels and the small panel is exposed. No coding necessary. They have a little resistor thing (?) also attached that helps the car not throw errors.
  9. spacecity.gti

They’re vland (hoping I don’t have any issues!) and the side markers are from Amazon. I just searched LED side markers.
  10. spacecity.gti

Installed these headlights today
  11. spacecity.gti

Official Integrated Engineering MK6 2.0T Performance Products Thread

I get it! I was excited when I saw the announcement, then sad when I saw my car wasn't supported. Apparently the MK6 ECU is slow and doesn't respond well. Here's the link to the compatible cars: https://performancebyie.com/pages/mobile-compatibility
  12. spacecity.gti

Official Integrated Engineering MK6 2.0T Performance Products Thread

Doesn't work for MK6. Only MQB engines. Also, only works with the V4 power links. V3 you still gotta use a laptop. Don't hold your breath for anything new coming to our platform from any of the big companies like I.E. or APR.
  13. spacecity.gti

3D Printer & C.A.D. Thread

Sorry I didn't go back and read through all the pages, but has anyone printed anything GTI specific? The frame that holds the boot on the gear selector (DSG) on my car broke a couple of years ago and I've been on the search for a way to replace it. I've always thought that maybe someone with a...
  14. spacecity.gti

Rear washer nozzle issue

Sounds like it may be time for a wiper delete.
  15. spacecity.gti

I actually do probably need to drive it a little harder. As I've gotten older, I don't feel the "need for speed" as much, but for the sake of the car I'll make the sacrifice lol.