GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by suspiciouspackage

1. S

OSRAM Xenarc bulb out error

Not sure if anyone else has this issue, but I'm trying to troubleshoot and can't figure it out. I just started getting a left front main bulb out error whenever I turn the car on at night with the switch set to Auto. I have one of the Chinese auto headlamp switches with the light sensor that...
  2. S

delete

delete, not selling anymore.
  3. S

San Diego Body Shops

Long story short, I got sideswiped by some girl in a truck on the 15. She gave me her info and I got her license plate on dashcam. Started a claim with my insurance and an adjustor will give me a call on Monday so we can further proceed. In the meantime, the claims rep told me to figure out...
  4. S

FT: Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 18x8

Want to go down to 17s right now since tires are cheaper, more sidewall, ride comfort because I'm an old man. Wheels are anthracite, been daily driven for the past 3 years (or 4, I can't remember), and they have some imperfections from it. Off the top of my head, I know for a fact there's minor...
  5. S

99% sure it's carbon buildup but just want to confirm.

Pulled this from my VAGCOM scan tonight. Blinking CEL with misfires, etc, etc. Oh and my hood strut conveniently decided to give me the finger and not stay up but that's another irritation. Someone confirm it for me? Stage 1 tune, R8 coilpacks with the stock NGK spark plugs (installed a month...
  6. S

Hatch Release Troubleshooting

I don't know what the formal term for the hatch release sound is, so bear with me. Whenever I open the hatch, it's supposed to make that fluid sound like wick-wack. But the past couple months, it's been going wick then wack a couple seconds later. Then the trunk light is slow to turn on if at...
  7. S

WTS: 42DD Downpipe & APR Carbonio Intake

Going back to stage 1 (and CARB legal :lol:)! This is for a catted, non-resonated downpipe that is currently still on my car. I'll take it off when I have confirmed buyer. There's around ~20k miles on the pipe. Comes with the 3 to 2.5" reducer for stock (and AWE) exhausts. $350 OBO Also have...
  8. S

WTT/B: APR Carbonio Stage 1 for Neuspeed Intake

If you've seen my other post, I gotta get smog taken care of and because I threw my stock airbox out 3 years ago, I have nothing to replace it. So I wanna stay with aftermarket intakes and since Neuspeed is the only one out there CARB legal, I'm gonna trade for that. Color doesn't matter. If...
  9. S

WTB: OEM Downpipe

It's that time for me. Gotta get smogged and registered in good ol' Nazi California. I'm in San Diego so locals will take priority. I'm willing to pay for shipping, just give me a quote. Thanks!
  10. S

'11 Jetta vs '10 GTI

My dad's looking to get me a Jetta, and I'm looking to get a steal off of a 2010 GTI since I found a dealer that still has 2 of them left. And if I heard right, the Jetta's interior quality is balls compared to a GTI. I'm looking to get more bang for the buck and I don't know what my dad's...
  11. S

Oil

So how come when it comes to the VW maintenance they change at 10k?
  12. S

Oil

So lets say I switch. The change intervals change from 3k to 10k?
  13. S

Oil

So let's say that I have a car that originally used conventional, change every 3k miles, oil. Can I just switch to synthetic on the next change and keep using synthetic after that? Or will something happen to my engine?
  14. S

New VW?

On the VWoA site it says there's a new VW coming out. Anyone know what it is?
  15. S

Other Drivers

Anyone who's seen the South Park episode will wanna beat me up for this. "It's a Jersey thing!"