GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTi tech help

Ron Gusack

2014 GTi, 2L 4 cylinder, 50k miles, auto trans, bought new and never had any problems. Cranks slow but starts then stalls after a few seconds. Let it sit for a while and then it starts and runs fine. Dealer put a battery in. Ran fine for 3 weeks and same problem. Dealer replaced the fuel module. Problem still happens. Never cuts off on first start up of the day. Never cuts off when driving. Doesn't kick a code and hasn't done it while with the dealer. It's an intermittent deal, any ideas??

alpha3

Go Kart Champion
Low pressure fuel pump. I had the exact problem and that was the fix.

Agree. Me too, had the same thing, I too replaced the fuel control module first, didn't help. It's the pump.

GeorgiaBII

Drag Race Newbie
Seems weird that it doesn't kick a code and that it's intermittent.

Yep it's a pain in the ass to diagnose. I didn't believe it was the problem at first. Ive got a brand new fuel module in my tool box that didn't fix it. Fuel filter didn't fix it. I finally replaced the low pressure pump and it's been over a year since I had the issue.

alpha3

Go Kart Champion
Seems weird that it doesn't kick a code and that it's intermittent.
Man, I was ready to kick furniture or whatever was close by! Very frustrating. I got temporarily stranded four times; (temporary because it would start and run like nothing was wrong later) but you had to wait a couple of hours. At least, I did. After reading thru some old Vortex forum posts and older ones on MK6 forum, I got the clue it might be the in-tank pump. And you don't get codes for the pump because there's no sensor to throw one.