GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Shortage of Tires Coming?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Finding 200tw tires has been a pain lately.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Building materials like wood seem to be getting scarce too
Dude - building anything has been insane. I work in Engineering consulting - prices of construction have skyrocketed

Construction.jpg

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Fabrication materials have gone up 20-30% in the last year, and backorders run up to 4+ months on a lot of it.

The Vibrant intercooler core I use has been on backorder more than it hasn’t been since this time last year.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Dude - building anything has been insane. I work in Engineering consulting - prices of construction have skyrocketed

View attachment 211138
I got something like that this week too.

1619114263081.png

We could use some more yamaha outboards. Got about 10 sold boats sitting here without any motors. Every boat that arrives from the factory has been arriving without a motor lately.

R Golf

Go Kart Champion
Starting to hit home, or at least the track.

My nephew can't find tires for his BMW. Looking at multiple sources, nothing he has checked is available until mid June.
Falken 615 or 660, Cup 2 Connect, and AO52's. Looking at 235/40/18 and 245/40/18.

I've been wanting to try AO52's but have not been able to get them in 225/40/18 a few weeks ago.

Last edited:

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I feel lucky to have snapped up a set of 255 40 17 RE71R a month ago.

I'm even seeing regular tires like Indy 500 being back order some places.

seanmcd1

Autocross Newbie
Interesting. My brother in law works at Bridgestone, it hasn't seemed to slow down there at all.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
I feel lucky to have snapped up a set of 255 40 17 RE71R a month ago.

I'm even seeing regular tires like Indy 500 being back order some places.
Yup - happened to me, had to get 225's instead of 235's cause I didn't wanna wait 8-12 weeks.

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Y'all scared me, just ordered some RS4's in 245/40/17 before they go out of stock on TireRack. Won't even get the wheels for them until late May lol.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Y'all scared me, just ordered some RS4's in 245/40/17 before they go out of stock on TireRack. Won't even get the wheels for them until late May lol.
Smart. I wish I'd bought a could sets last year when TR was giving them away.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Crap. I need to get new PSAS4 tires and I only get 6 months or 23,000 miles out of them. This combined with a potential gas shortage this summer has me really concerned.