GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 Digital Cockpit retrofit

FlorentDB

Car(s)
Golf GTE MK7.5
What did you have previously?

No, you can't. Not without a front camera.
20211204_222547.jpg
20211204_222531.jpg

yakev724

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 S3
No.

New rules came into force a few weeks ago. All used clusters looking to be programmed must now receive preauthorisation from VAG.

ODIS will prompt the user to fill out a form and send it via email to VAG head office. Once reviewed and approved by a human (can take a while - up to 48 hours) ODIS will permit the change like normal.

If VAG disagree with what you're doing and deny the request, IMMO cannot be programmed.

Only authorised repairers with legit ODIS access can now program used clusters. The new process stops all of the people using China accounts.

Does anyone here know a dealer/tech (preferably in the Northeast) who's done this at least once?

Willing to take the risk on a used cluster even if VAG deny - for my car a used cluster is $250, new >$1800

Thanks

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
Does anyone here know a dealer/tech (preferably in the Northeast) who's done this at least once?

Willing to take the risk on a used cluster even if VAG deny - for my car a used cluster is $250, new >$1800

Thanks
If you get a used cluster get one with mileage lower than your actual mileage. AZ far as I know you cannot change the mileage yet. But you can raise the mileage. There is a tool floating on the internet for that.

yakev724

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 S3
If you get a used cluster get one with mileage lower than your actual mileage. AZ far as I know you cannot change the mileage yet. But you can raise the mileage. There is a tool floating on the internet for that.

Mileage seems to be possible w the bench tool, few people can/have done it.

Big Q is what's the probability that dealer can remove CP and code the immobilizer w the new approval procedure? ~$300 of labor

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
Mileage seems to be possible w the bench tool, few people can/have done it.

Big Q is what's the probability that dealer can remove CP and code the immobilizer w the new approval procedure? ~$300 of labor
As long as it's a mod friendly dealer. Immo and cp is easy for them. Google should help you find a mod friendly dealer close to you. And call and explain what you want before you go. Coding is a different story. Chances are they won't touch any coding. When I had mine done they just did the immo and cp. I was on my own for coding

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
As long as it's a mod friendly dealer. Immo and cp is easy for them. Google should help you find a mod friendly dealer close to you. And call and explain what you want before you go. Coding is a different story. Chances are they won't touch any coding. When I had mine done they just did the immo and cp. I was on my own for coding
What dealer ended up doing this for you, if you don’t mind me asking?

yakev724

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 S3

right - already called and got a couple onboard. Risk is related to rules related to cp and immobilizer with a USED cluster (see quote above), need case-by-case authorization from vw. If gets denied I'm $300 in the hole and have to flip the used cluster...

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
right - already called and got a couple onboard. Risk is related to rules related to cp and immobilizer with a USED cluster (see quote above), need case-by-case authorization from vw. If gets denied I'm $300 in the hole and have to flip the used cluster...
Is that new? Need auth from VW for used units??

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI

yakev724

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 S3
Is that new? Need auth from VW for used units??

Yep. Any forum-based coding provider (except a couple who have legitimate relationship with VAG) no longer offers to do the CP/immo work for used clusters as a result.

No.

New rules came into force a few weeks ago. All used clusters looking to be programmed must now receive preauthorisation from VAG.

ODIS will prompt the user to fill out a form and send it via email to VAG head office. Once reviewed and approved by a human (can take a while - up to 48 hours) ODIS will permit the change like normal.

If VAG disagree with what you're doing and deny the request, IMMO cannot be programmed.

Only authorised repairers with legit ODIS access can now program used clusters. The new process stops all of the people using China accounts.

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
I’ve heard good things about them.
My two interactions with them were great. Its a smaller dealer, and the techs i dealt with were enthusiasts.

HawkeAssault

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'15 GTI, '92 Corrado
So what coding do I need to change to be able increase and decrease the zoom on the map in the cluster?
And would I need to change my steering wheel buttons?

GTI_Buttons.jpgGTI_DASH.jpgGTI_DASH1.jpg