GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2.0 tsi

jedred1

jedred1
The 2.0 TSI engine is used in many Audi and Volkswagen platforms. Would a short block 2.0 tsi from any platform work in my 2.0 TSI golf mk6? My engine is working fine but I think I might get a back up short block to replace the inevitable end of my engine

This is Ryans face

Not sure if...
I believe any version of the EA888 will work fine, as the ECU will pair to the TSI, FSI, even a VR6. The issue(s) you'll run into is fitment without modification, and the re-coding work.

Grabbit

Go Kart Champion
as the ECU will pair to the TSI, FSI, even a VR6.

I'm not debating on whether this is correct or not. I literally have no frame of reference here but could you elaborate on this? I'm genuinely curious.

Besides the CBFA TSI engine code and DQ250, I'm pretty rusty on other VAG platforms. I've had dreams recently of both re-platforming to a MK7 R and at the same time retrofitting my MK6 with an EA888 Gen 3 TSI to take advantage of the power and turbo options.

This is Ryans face

Not sure if...
I'm not debating on whether this is correct or not. I literally have no frame of reference here but could you elaborate on this? I'm genuinely curious.

Besides the CBFA TSI engine code and DQ250, I'm pretty rusty on other VAG platforms. I've had dreams recently of both re-platforming to a MK7 R and at the same time retrofitting my MK6 with an EA888 Gen 3 TSI to take advantage of the power and turbo options.
I'm 100% positive all previous gens of the EA888 (so TSI/FSI) and even the VR6 (I've seen it done on a mk6) can fit in the current spatial dimensions in the engine bay with maybe minor modifications to the heat shield near firewall for turbo location and downpipe.

I assume a MK7's version could work with similar modifications, but I am under the impression that there's less of a 105-110* angle off the DP and more of a straight shot back to the axle/catback.

ECUs usually can be coded up to the current model's generational line up assuming the platform is relatively the same. I'm not sure how easy it would be for a dealer to recode an ECU to operate correctly with a newer line's engine with sensors etc, but there's likely a way to do it, if not fool the sensors.

So to summarize. Fitment is possible, ECU cooperation is likely, but location of the exhaust manifold, turbo, and downpipe to exhaust may cause headaches in the form of work and money.