GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. L

VW parts GPS Nav system upgrade for 2010 GTI

I have a 2010 GTI base with the very, very basic non-nav in dash system. A friend of mine has a bunch of VW "$$$" left over from dieselgate that can only be used for parts or service ( service is for her car only) and is going to gift them to me as she is about to take the buy-back option...
  2. L

EPA going after the aftermarket..

Might be worth reading this, and protest to your local rep http://www.motortrend.com/news/epas-real-target-the-automotive-aftermarket/ Basically , as I read it, the author claims EPA is going to try and strangle the aftermarket by making it illegal to sell anything that modifies a vehicles...
  3. L

FS: 4x17" OEM Denvers - CA..

Set of 17" OEM Denvers, great for those who need a winter setup. Wheels are totally straight and low miles. A couple of the wheels have some minor curb rash. One of the wheels is missing the VW center cap. Ignore the tire on one of the wheels, I used one as a full size spare. $250 , will ship...
  4. L

FS: 2010 GTI 2 Door CSG/DSG - CA ( San Diego)

Golf GTI 2010 2-door DSG 'Base model' 68k miles Price $14500 Carbon Steel Gray One owner since new with full maintenance records Always garaged and driven in CA No accidents, no dings. 17" factory wheels in excellent condition ( no kerb rash) Michelin AS/3 tires New OEM windscreen a few...
  5. L

iOS 8 improves 9W bluetooth/Siri

I had a lot of problems with iOS 7 and Siri (9W7). When using Siri, it would block out bluetooth music for some time after i was done with "Her" iOS 8 works MUCH better with Siri, and returns me back to music appropriately. I have the GM of iOS 8 as I am an app developer....
  6. L

Touch up of black surface around DSG shifter

There's a matte black surround around the DSG shifter on my 2010 GTI that has got scratched up in a number of places. I'm wanting to touch it up without making a complete mess and 'more obvious' - which would be easy to do with the wrong paint. Regular black markers don't really do the job...
  7. L

Liquid pooling on top of DSG

I have been finding a few spots of oily liquid under my 2010 DSG. When I looked under the hood, I see some liquid pooling on top of the transmission directly underneath the brake master cylinder. There are no leaks I can see from the brake master cylinder, and I also felt underneath it to feel...
  8. L

Dead ECU at 50K..

I've said 'pay to play' before on this forum, now I have to suck it up and eat my own dog sh*t. I have been APR Stg 1 tuned for 40K miles and yesterday my ECU just up and died leaving me stranded in a bad spot. Towed to the dealer. They can tell it was tuned ( VW have a database of tuned...
  9. L

Don't use fuel additives ( techron etc)

It's a long story, but my perfectly maintained since new 2010 GTI got a new turbo at 46K due to "hard spots on the vanes" . Although I am Stg 1, the only possible suggested reason was use of fuel additives. I have used techron 3-4 times over the last 15K. So my advice is avoid that stuff.
  10. L

Stage 1 - good experience with VW+warranty

I know a number of people worry about Stage 1 and any warranty issues. Here is my recent experience. I took my car in (46K) for a "squirrel trapped in the engine" noise from the engine area. I have APR Stg 1, stock intake. The tune was set to stock and locked out when it went to the dealer...
  11. L

Odd sound from engine

Just started... sounds like a squirrel under the hood. Its louder in the first 20 seconds after a cold start. Someone recognize it? I am APR Stg 1 with Stock induction/Exhaust..performance seems a little flat. Has so far baffled the dealer. They guessed bad breather valve.. wrong...
  12. L

FS: TSI Carbonio Stage 1 w/breather

***SOLD*** Carbonio Stage 1 for TSI/TFSI Includes **2** Carbonio Filters + K&N Cleaning/re-oiling kit (with plenty left) In as-new condition. $220 + shipping via FedEx. PayPal only or local pickup San Diego North County ***SOLD***
  13. L

Carbonio filter after 10K.

I have 10k miles on my Stg 1 Carbonio (+APR Stg 1). I drive mostly SoCal commuting - so not a particularly dusty environment. I took the filter out and thought, what a PITA this thing looks "clean" and good for another 10K at least. Still, I had bought a identical replacement filter ( no...
  14. L

Short VWR sway bars review

I just installed F/R VWR sway bars ( they only come in a matched set). My suspension is otherwise stock and I am on factory 17" wheels with Conti DWS. Ordered from and installed by the guys at PureMS in San Diego. Not a lot to say except I am very happy with the result. No noticeable change in...
  15. L

Broke the little plastic thing the cargo tray hangs from

I have broken one of the small plastic 'nubbins' ( on the hatch) that the cargo/parcel tray hangs from. It snapped off cleanly - they look like they are designed to fail first before the parcel tray itself gets damaged when you do something stupid like I did - slamming the hatch onto the parcel...
  16. L

Can't get rid of wheel balance issues.

I have an 2010 with 17"'s and stock wheels. From the factory the wheel balance was really superb . But of course the tires were the less than wonderful M+S Conti ProContacts. I sold them for a good price and upgraded to the Conti DWS. Definitely a much better tire with more grip and more...
  17. L

PureMS A+ service...

Just wanted to give a thumbs up to APR dealer Pure MotorSports in San Diego ( Miramar Rd). They stepped up to solve a problem that required doing a TSB when I had been blown off by a couple of local VW dealers. Can't be happier with their level of service and general good attitude.
  18. L

Non-mod friendly dealer in SD, City VW.

City VW in San Diego is not mod-friendly, not going to go into details in public , but based on my experience, just avoid them even if all you have is Carbonio intake.
  19. L

Miramar VW gone...

Apparently Miramar "VW/Audi" is now only Miramar Audi. They no longer sell or service VW. So much for those "free oil changes for life".
  20. L

Mysterious VAG-COM fault code

My EPC light came under under WOT in 3rd gear. I am using VCDS 10.6.1 and it reports only this fault code in the DSG. This is a US 2010 GTI, so we do not have distance control.. Is this the actual error or an "error" in VCDS Address 02: Auto Trans Labels: 02E-300-0xx.lbl Part No SW: 02E...