GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. P

Light scratch removal

So my neighbours, who I like a lot, played a joke on me that went wrong. I wash my car about twice a week in the summer and they always make fun of me for it. My car was covered in salt and dirt because we had some snow recently and they thought it would be funny to write, on the hatch with...
  2. P

Fuel Injector Cleaner

Should I be using fuel injector cleaner every 10K km or so? First direct injection car I've owned... P
  3. P

Handbrake turn

The road was a little greasy on Thursday and I go to bust a u-turn at about 50km/hr. I yank the hand brake and the rear starts to slide but then the car takes a huge dump and stops. I know this is the ESP, is there any way to turn it off? I'd be willing to cut a wire...
  4. P

Rear wheel well lining coming away

I was washing my car yesterday and as I was doing the wheels, I noticed that the fabric/felt-like material that shrouds the rear wheel well is coming away from the quarter panel. I never noticed this before but it looks like a good opportunity for dirt and salt build up and eventually a prime...
  5. P

Coolant Low Again

For the second time in 14 months, my coolant has receded below the min line (when cold). Anyone else having this issue? I'm not losing much, just wondering where it is going. Is it possible that it is boiling off? P
  6. P

End of the world today?

Science.
  7. P

First Oil Change

I'm hearing different schools of thought on doing your first oil change. My dealer said to do it at 8000km but the manual says 13000km. I've heard other people say not to do a change early because they're are additives in your first fill. I'm at 6600km and the oil is looking pretty nasty...
  8. P

Hatch switch not working

My hatch switch isn't working today. The button on the remote still opens it so I know the latch mechanism is good. It was cold over the past few days (-12C) but today it's not cold (3C). Any one else run into this? I'll be taking it to the dealer if it is persistent.
  9. P

VAGCOM?

I understand that VAG COM is a windows based programmer for VW AG. Does anyone know where to get a cable and the software package so I can play around and completely screw my car up? Hahaha. Do cables get sold with a SW package and description of each facet of the program (i.e. how to make...
  10. P

Red footwell lights

Does any one know where you can get replacement bulbs in RED for the foot well recepticals? I have checked my local Canadian Tire and don't see colour 3W bulbs. Thanks! P