GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Jimmer1

All booked in at the APR spa.....

.....thanks Uncle Sam for the 50 + hp and 80 + ft/lbs! Can't wait to see if this really makes this fine motor come alive. Report to follow......
  2. Jimmer1

Ideas on a drop and 19s, please.....

I've done a considerable amount of research, but there's nothing like feedback to a specific question - any folks who have a constructive opinion, I'd really appreciate your ideas. After deliberating for a month or so, I've now decided that a small drop and some 19s are the mods I'd like to...
  3. Jimmer1

MK6 with Porsche Twists....

....can it be done? Anyone running these? I love the look of the older GTIs running Porsche twists - if it could be done I think I'd get a drop and do it. I'm a real old skool Vee Dub guy - I'm from Europe and back in the day my mate had an '81 Campaign Model with Pirelli P-Slots in Lhasa...
  4. Jimmer1

APR done by Volkswagen dealer.....

I emailed a VW dealer listed on APR's website regarding stage one - I asked the obvious question and his response was: "As to factory warranty. The APR flash does not "void" any warranty. If a component failure is found to be caused by the APR tune, that component would not be covered by...
  5. Jimmer1

Headlight & Fog Tint

Evening all - I've been searching for pictures of someone who has Lamin-X'd their headlights and fogs. I see a lot of yellow fog pics, but I quite fancy the light smoke on my headlights, as I have a black car, and blue tint on the fogs. Any pictures or threads would be appreciated. Cheers, JP
  6. Jimmer1

VAG-COM in Upstate South Carolina

Evening all, Anyone in the Upstate got VAG-COM access? I really need a couple of things altering (like DRLs off) and I don't really want to splash the cash for the software. Would be happy to pay $50 or so for the trouble. Cheers, JP
  7. Jimmer1

Hoen Xensystem

Anyone fitted this aftermarket HID system to their GTI? Seems like it should be a quick install which would be a compromise against Xenon retrofit.... http://www.hoen-usa.com/hid.htm Ideas welcome.
  8. Jimmer1

Tint Stickers?

Hey guys, I'm a newbie - just picked up my '11 GTI last week. I live in South Carolina and it gets pretty hot down here in the summer, so the first thing I had done was tints. I went for 35% 3M at a reputable place, but when I picked the car up each window has a small sticker with the...