GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. C

FS: BNIB Hawk HPS Front and Rear pads

Hey guys, bought these awhile back and ended up trading the GTI in on an Evo before I ever put the pads on. I took on tirerack.com and these are about $213 new. Im asking $180 obo shipped. I can knock a few bucks off for local pickup, I'm in Hollywood and can meet anywhere in the tricounty area...
  2. C

Question for photographers...

Gf's bday is coming up and I wanted to get her a nice camera. She went to school for photgraphy and has a passion for it. She has expressed some love for the Nikon J series, problem is I'm not sure which one is the best to go with as I don't understand the specs as well. If you have any...
  3. C

1st time visiting Myrtle Beach....suggestions?

Heading up to Myrtle Beach for work for a few days this month. Ended up postponing my flight so I can spend a long weekend there with the gf. Never been, all I know is what I've seen on Eastbound & Down haha. Was thinking of renting a car and driving to Charleston for a night or two if its worth...
  4. C

Someone hit me, now what?

So I was in a parking lot today, as I'm driving I hear that sickening sound of something breaking outside my car. I look, and sure enough someone pulled out of their spot as I passed. So a nice dent in the rear passenger quarter panel, and since I was moving forward it caught the rear bumper and...
  5. C

First time at drag strip tips

Just as the title says, this Friday will be my first time running on a real drag strip. It seems pretty straight forward, but so have a few other things I've screwed up before. I'm changing my oil this week both because it is due and seems like a good idea. Tires have plenty of tread, but not...
  6. C

Neighbors keep tapping internet, advice?

Just as the title states. I have very white trash neighbors that live next door. These people inherited the house next to me and have just been a problem ever since. It started when their 3 pit bulls attacked my beagle as she was 5 feet from my front door, luckily she lived but thats another...
  7. C

APR Stage 2 v 4th Gen Camaro SS

Ran into a 2002 Camaro SS Convertable on the way home from work this morning. We left the light tame but both got on it shortly after. We were going about 30 when we hit it and I was in 3rd gear, not optimum but w/e. we stayed even all the way through 4th, once I got into 5th he started pulling...
  8. C

APR Stage 2 v 2011 MOPAR Charger

Bench racing, lame I know. Guy at work just got a 2011 MOPAR Charger. From what he said it comes with everythig the SRT-8 comes with except the bigger engine, so it has the 5.7 Hemi. We'll be racing eventually when we get off shift at the same time but curious if anyone has encountered one or...
  9. C

Trip of a lifetime

So I saved for 2 years and got the time off work, and I will officially be heading to Europe for the first time for 3 weeks. I cannot express how excited I am. Not starting the thread to brag, actually looking for suggestions and tips from any locals or those who have been there before. First...
  10. C

Damn Blowouts....

Was driving home during halftime of the Heat game last night when my rear passenger tire blew. Pulled over to find these bad boys lodged inside. fackin' lame, had to listen to the rest of the game on the side of the road while putting the spare on. Wouldn't of taken long except for the jack...
  11. C

APR Stage 2 v Sentra SE-R Spec V

Was driving today and encountered a Sentra SE-R Spec V. It was modded but couldn't tell with what as the driver and I never caught up afterwards. Well, we took off from a light as usual and did a 20 roll. I pulled hard on him through 2nd, and most of 3rd, but once I hit 4th he flew past me like...
  12. C

Visiting Atlanta, suggestions?

Heading up to Atlanta next weekend for a wedding. Wedding isnt till Sunday but I'll be in town Friday night. I'm driving up from Miami so it should be a fun road trip. If anyone knows any places I should check out, let me know. Any good bars that aren't overrun with tourists or douches...
  13. C

GoPro camera

Looking to purchase a GoPro camera but to be honest I don't know much about them other than a few videos I have seen made on them. I'm heading to Spain this summer for the running of the bulls and I'll be one of the runners, figured a GoPro on a headstrap would be perfect for capturing it on...
  14. C

10 Cars that are slower than they look

http://m.jalopnik.com/5853869/ten-cars-that-are-slower-than-they-look/gallery/ Pretty solid list with both the Si and Tc listed
  15. C

Shipping up to Boston!

Heading up there this Friday and come back Monday morning. Any locals have suggestions on what to do while there? Obviously the Freedom Trail and Sam Adams Brewery, but aside from that I'll be going to a soccer game sat night and the Patriots game on Sunday (In my Romo jersey, sorry guys). I...
  16. C

Top 10 Car Forum Trolls

http://m.jalopnik.com/5843759/the-ten-cruelest-jokes-played-on-car-forums/gallery/ Definitely made me laugh.
  17. C

Speeding ticket

I got busted doing 64 in 45. Oops! First ticket in a couple years and my employer provides us with free legal service so it's just an inconvenience really. Worst part was my dog was I'm the car and went insane when I was asked to step out of the car, now her white hair is everywhere! Oh well...
  18. C

High output alternator?

I'll be putting two amps in this coming weekend. One is a 4channel with 75w/channel, the other is a 1000w monoblock for 2 10" subwoofers. Their not in yet so I dont know if ill have dimming lights yet, but I've never put multiple amps in a car before so Im not 100%. Im fairly familiar with car...
  19. C

SuperEffinDuper's super effin blue GTI

So I got around to adding Stage 1 APR tune but unfortunately I cant take a picture of awesome. I did add the Carbonio Stage 1 intake though and honestly havent gotten around to snapping a crappy iphone pic yet. But I did decide to revamp the entire stereo in the car today as the stock one just...
  20. C

2005 Honda R-12x

Nothing to do with VW but I traded my truck in for my GTI so I have to unload this thing. This is my 2005 Honda Aquatrax R-12x turbo that I am selling. I recently traded my truck in for a small car and no longer have any means to conveniently tow it. It is in excellent shape mechanically and...