GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. V

FS: TDI partout

FS: Euroswitch with autosensor, air filter, brake tools Sorry mods, I forgot to add my user name to the other photos. I took the LED photos in early November and the rest of the photos today. If it's a problem let me know and I'll have to retake the photos. 1) VACAR LED tails $325 (SOLD !!)...
  2. V

Going back to Stock Tails

Hi, I searched but could only find this thread: http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51814 I've switched back to stock tail lights, but I get a bulb out for the two inner lights. When I switch on the headlights, the inner lights light up for maybe 10seconds (pretty bright like brake...
  3. V

P0135 after Cleaning MAF

After cleaning the MAF with MAF sensor cleaner, I got a P0135 code - Oxygen sensor heater. Did I screw up the MAF?
  4. V

Need advice on P2459 & valve cover replacement

Hi, I have a 2011 Golf TDI with a replaced engine, so no more warranty on the engine. Recently I've been getting a P2459 DPF regeneration too frequent CEL. I brought it in to VW, and they said the valve cover is cracked and need replacement. Not only that, they said everything penetrating the...
  5. V

PC Gamers?

Real Racing 2 has a Golf in it. http://reviews.cnet.com/2300-19512_7-10009994-4.html
  6. V

Why can't I find magnetic driver bits?

If you have a fridge magnet, just scrap the bits over the fridge magnets a few times, and the bits will be magnetized!
  7. V

Reverse Dent?

I have what appears to be a reverse dent (for a lack of better words) on my driver's side fender. Instead of being pushed in, I have a ridge. It doesn't stick out too much, but it's nonetheless there and you could definitely feel it. Anyone have any ideas how this happened? Sorry, these...
  8. V

Low Oil Light; Turbo Needs Replacement

:mad0259: Hi all, So in a nutshell, this is what happened yesterday: I was going east on hwy 407, and the low oil light came on. I didn't notice any performance, noise, smell issues, so I drove it for a few kms till I exited. Going north on Bayview, it still seemed ok. Then it started feeling...
  9. V

LED rear bumper reflectors

What do you guys think of these? http://www.exledshop.com/exled-custom-leds/volkswagen/exled-rear-reflector-led-module-for-volkswagen-golf-6th-copy.html They're only LED modules. You have to take apart your reflectors and install these in them. alibaba.com is selling the entire reflector...
  10. V

Hood to fender gaps after accident

Hi all, My wife rear ended someone going maybe 50 km/hr. The body shop did a good job on the paint work, but I noticed the hood to fender gaps are maybe a bit too big - 4 to 5mm gaps. The gaps are even width throughout though. I was wondering how big the gap is from the factory. The body shop...
  11. V

Opening under GTI front bumper

Hi, I switched my TDI front bumper to the GTI version, but I don't have part no. 5K0805903B9B9 to cover the opening below the front bumper. Is this Ok in terms of dirt, salt, snow, water, etc going in? Would it affect the aerodynamics much? Thanks!
  12. V

Diesel Only Please!

I got this from VW Canada in the mail today: It's to ensure that only diesel gets put in.
  13. V

GTI Non-chin or lip spoiler retainer

GTI front bumper bottom necessary? Hi, I know the front lip spoiler retainer on an GTI is part no. 5K0-807-110-A-9B9, but what is the non-lip spoiler retainer part no? Thanks! ****************************************************** After figuring out the part no. above (see posts below)...
  14. V

WTB: GTI non-chin or lip spoiler retainer

For those who have added a chin spoiler and no longer want the original non-chin or lip spoiler retainer (the piece that goes under the front bumper), please let me know if you would like to sell it for a modest price. I've changed my TDI front bumper to a GTI bumper, but am missing that piece...
  15. V

your favorite kung fu movie?

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon House of Flying Daggers
  16. V

9005 vs 9006 Nokya hyper yellow 2500k fogs for Golf TDI

9005 vs 9006 Nokya hyper yellow 2500k fogs for Golf TDI ***with Pics*** I just replaced my factory 9006 fog bulbs with Nokya hyper yellow 2500k 9005 bulbs modded to fit. They don't look as yellow as I would like. I tried taking some pics, but the yellow didn't show through. Anyone know...
  17. V

Winter steels stuck on

Since we're getting very warm weather now, I've decided to change my tires back over to my all seasons today. The front steel ones came off fine, but the back ones were stuck on. My wheels are 15" hubcentric type steel wheels. I had to use a piece of wood on the ground. It was placed parallel...
  18. V

Pls Post Video on rear LED turn signal in LED tails

Could someone please post a video of your rear LED turn signals in your LED tail lights? Also, please indicate which LED bulb you are using and if you get a bulb error. Thanks!
  19. V

Condensation in VACAR LED lights

I just noticed some condensation in the driver's side outer light yesterday. It's still there today. All the other lights have no problems. Anyone else with VACARs have this problem?
  20. V

Enable Horn on/off on MFD when locking door

I unchecked bit 2 under byte 5 in the long coding helper of coding 7, but I can't find the horn on/off option when locking doors on the MFD. Did anyone else try this?