GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. M

CEL + EPC light came on now misfires

Hello all, Been a while but could use some help. I am out of town for the weekend and my car just decided to throw a CEL and EPC light. Immediately felt a loss of power and I thought maybe limp mode. Got to my friends house, turned it off, and now when I turn it back on, it feels like it is...
  2. M

Fog lights with Automatic Euro Switch?

I have the Euro Switch with Auto function. I dont have the sensor, but I use it to have my headlights on whenever the car is running, but still be able to turn them off, or go with just fogs if I want. My question is, is there any way through Vag Com to have the fogs come on as well when Auto...
  3. M

Headlight size and where to buy

I am planning on doing the HID kit for my front Fog lights for 6000K. I want to get replacement bulbs for my OEM HID headlights to match. Does any one know where I can get the proper bulb in that color? I think it is supposed to be D1S but I am not sure. I tried looking for them on USP where I...
  4. M

PIAA plasma yellow or USP Yello HID kit for Fogs?

Looking for some advice. I want to do yellow fogs, but I am torn. I can do the PIAA bulbs for 76 bucks or the HID kit from USP for 80 bucks. Since they are going to cost the same, what are the benefits of both? Are they the same yellow or is one more yellow than the other. Any thoughts would be...
  5. M

Possible Mod - Kessy on rear doors - could use some input.

I am trying to plan out a possible Mod and was hoping to get some input on feasability. Obviously this is for a 4 door car.I want to put kessy on the back two doors if possible. First, obviously, I would have to get the same door handels from the front two doors, or at the very least, the...
  6. M

Expiriance with Viper or other remote starts?

Was thinking of doing a remote start system on my 2011 GTI. I especially like the viper one that starts from a smartphone. Was wondering if any one had any experience with these. How reliable, do they cause more problems than they are worth. I have heard VWs have electrical gremlins. Would like...
  7. M

APR will not pass emissions says APR?????

I emailed APR about weather or not the APR downpipe will pass an emissions test as I live in Houston and have to go through that. I wont say who wrote the email cause I don't want to get them trouble, but the guy responded and said that "Any downpipe with a high flow cat will simply not pass...
  8. M

APR/bb Downpipe question

I have seen a few scattered references in my searches on this to a problem with downpipes causing lower power on the lower RPM levels. Nothing I have found is clear and concrete and I was wondering if any one could provide clarification on this. Does putting a 3" downpipe such as APR or bb on...
  9. M

Dealer that does APR tuning

Hello all, I have heard a lot about VW dealers that actually offer APR tuning. I was wondering if any one knew about any in Texas? I want to do APR tuning but I don't think VW could complain about warranty issues of the dealer installed it. Though these stories may be far from true.