GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Y

FS: Kosei K4R Wheels and Bridgestone RE11A's - Almost NEW!

FS: Kosei K4R 17x8 and Bridgestone RE11A's - Almost NEW! I had these on my 2000 GTI for about 500 miles. I decided to trade that car in so putting these up for sale. Tires are 225/45/17's and show virtually no wear. Kosei wheels are some of the lightest you can buy at 15.8lbs per wheel. RE...
  2. Y

2013 USED Pricing Help

Hello, I found a 2013 black 4 dr w/ 6sp offered for sale at 20,994. While this is under KBB and NADA pricing I'm trying to figure out if the price is fair or if I can get a much better deal based on what others might be paying out there. The car is pretty plain with no nav, sunroof, or even...
  3. Y

found a stock s2000...good deal?

definitely need to get it inspected. I was thinking 9500 would be a good price. Problem is the car is out of state for me and I've never bought an out of state car. Anyone know the best way to get it inspected? Just look up someone local?
  4. Y

yea, I kind a feel the same way. especially for a car with >100K miles. KBB does have it at $14K from a dealer and $12K+ private party but that just sounds REALLY crazy!
  5. Y

Thinking about picking up an S2K for some autox and track days. Always leary about buying cars after 3 people have already owned them but...this car has a clean history, it's an 03, 113K miles, no mods and can probably get it for 10K. Is it worth it? or is it a money pit? I obviously want it...
  6. Y

Has anyone ever done Phase 1 of...

Evolution Performance Driving School? Curious to hear some feedback/thoughts on the school? Is it worth the money?
  7. Y

Sold GTI. Help me pick next car.

Agreed. There's something seriously messed with the rear end of the TL...looks jacked. Had an Infiniti G35xS before the VW. Nice car, cool tech features, comfortable, pretty quick, handles nice but just felt very heavy. Haven't driven an A4 but there Quattro is probably better than the G's...
  8. Y

z06 and TTRS cool track footage.

damn...I thought that was mph for a second and I was like "holy shit those guys are crazy fast" but then realized the world was still round...
  9. Y

Eibach Sways - Redesign?

Does anyone knows what the deal is with them redesigning the 26/23mm sway bars? Ordered back in mid January and keep getting backordered. Called today and dealer said that Eibach was doing a redesign and that they're in final QA. Not sure if this is bs or true? And if true, would you be ok...
  10. Y

Insurance coverage for tracking

Curious to hear what some of you who are tracking your car do for insurance. Obviously NOT crashing is the preferred method but I have Allstate who definitely does not cover: Exclusion: Bodily injury or property damage arising out of the participation in any prearranged, organized, or...
  11. Y

Is this normal

Did a bunch of searches but didn't think the existing threads match what's happening to me. So when I'm cruising - typically around 60mph at 3500RPM's (approx) and in "S" mode - and I go WOT or close to it...nothing. RPM's go up but no acceleration and then a couple seconds later it starts...
  12. Y

Driving in CO vs. lower elevation

I've only ever driven my gti in CO. Anyone take theirs to lower elevation? Is there a noticeable improvement in performance?
  13. Y

Suspension on K04 setup

Sorry for the new thread but after some searching didn't really find what I was looking for. I'm curious to hear people's thoughts on keeping stock suspension on a K04 setup. Is it ok? Will it cause problems? Not recommended? Good to go? I've thought about coilovers but the roads are so...
  14. Y

Stoptech street performance pads

Anyone using them for daily driving with occasional track use? Thoughts? Thinking of getting these for mostly daily driving but will do about 5 track days per year.
  15. Y

k04 install pricing

Was quoted about 500 bucks. Is that reasonable?
  16. Y

DSG on the track - Sport or Manual mode?

So I'm going out to HPR tomorrow outside of Denver. First time on any kind of track for me so should be interesting. Just curious if anyone has input on whether you should drive in S or in manual mode? I'm APR stage 2 if it makes a difference (probably not)...
  17. Y

Colorado Questions

Just picked up a new gti and unfortunately already spending way too many hours in this forum to get ideas. Curious if anyone has any experience with SCR Performance in Loveland. Also if anyone knows of mod-friendly dealerships in the denver area?
  18. Y

Mod friendly dealerships...

Anyone know of any in the denver area?