GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. G

Can someone help diagnose

2011 Golf 2.5 with 14k miles. Two things are concerning me, not too sure if they're related. First, on a cold startup (today was mid 20's) there is a very audible rattle type noise coming from the engine bay until the car starts to warm up. It started after the car had sat for 5 days...
  2. G

Paint Opinions

Rather than painting my own, i got a matte black VW emblem for the front. The quality is actually very good for only $25 shipped, it was worth it in my opinion to keep the original one. Im thinking about painting the grille matte black as well to match, i feel like the gloss black grille on...
  3. G

Upgrading, has anyone done this?

Thinking of going from the base head unit to this http://www.ebay.com/itm/08-11-VW-Golf-Mk6-VI-Car-GPS-Navigation-Radio-TV-Bluetooth-USB-MP3-IPOD-DVD-Unit-/170746964906?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27c14febaa#ht_4499wt_928 Even with bluetooth, id like more. The base head unit just isn't...
  4. G

Narrowed it down, now what?

Ive narrowed it down to 2, any suggestions on the final decision? These because they match the stock suspension, and from what i understand they'll ride the best. http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-Golf_VI--2.5/Suspension/Springs/ES1905248/ Or these because, well, they're H&R. And a little...
  5. G

Question about halogen headlights

After installing a faulty set of HIDs, i decided to take them out and go back to stock halogens. I noticed that even when both HIDs worked before a ballast burned up, the parking lights stayed on making it look sloppy. I looked once again when factory lights were back in, parking lights still...
  6. G

Just hit 5k miles. Debating.

I know there has been previous threads on here about this, and not a whole lot has come from it. Just hit 5k miles, and I cant decide whether to do an oil change now or wait until 10k. Just wanted to see if there had been any ground covered on the subject, or a conclusion leaning more in one...
  7. G

Whats your occupation?

No, not seriously. Im a linen tech at a hospital while I finish my BA in Psychology. However, reading through these awesome jobs that people have, i figured id throw out something ridiculous. :lol:
  8. G

Headlight Conversion

I searched and couldnt find anything specific. Looking to see what all i would need to do the factory Xenon conversion from halogens. Its the only thing i wish i wouldve gotten and didnt. HIDs in a halogen headlight just didnt do the trick for me. Id rather it look and fuction right rather than...
  9. G

Whats your occupation?

Full time Astronaut, part time Ninja. :fighting0030: :paddle:
  10. G

Broken tab, what to do??

I posted a thread recently about getting my front bumper replaced, and it hasnt been the same since. I decided to detatch the side that has been giving me problems and found out that a tab is broken, and thats why it has not been sitting right. The three times ive taken the car back to the shop...
  11. G

Need input on HIDs

Does anyone know of a reputable company selling a good set of H7 HIDs? Ive searched on here and haven't found anything specific. Ive seen some cheap kits, and I've tried one out that was garbage. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
  12. G

Body shop fail. Need input!

300 miles on my car when someone backed into it at low speed in the parking lot. Long story short, the front bumper had to be replaced. I took it to one of the top body shops in the area, it hasent been the same since. The bumper no longer sits flush were it meets the fender on either side. Ive...
  13. G

Intake/Tune

Ive read a lot of different opinions. Some say when you put an intake on, you won't get its full potential without a tune. Others have said they're happy just putting it on and hitting the road. Whats the deal? :iono:
  14. G

General rule of thumb

I see a lot of posts with questions about warranties being voided. There isnt any one mod in particular that is going to void a warranty completely. If a problem occurs because of something that you altered, whatever is directly affected because of that alteration will not be covered. Anyone...
  15. G

Staying true to VW

My MK6 came with steelies and hubcaps, obviously this is a problem. Winter tires are about to go on those, and thats all they'll be used for from now on. Looking at wheels for the spring and I'm stuck on weather to go aftermarket or not. I like the thought of throwing on some type of OEM VW...
  16. G

Interior plastic scuffs??

Anyone have a solution to this problem? The plastic on the bottom of the seats, where your feet hit sometimes when getting in and out, has been scuffed from doing just that. Interior detailer won't take them off. Any ideas? It looks horrible when you open up the door and see it, especially when...
  17. G

Loud knocking?

Finally made VW transition. 2011 2.5 Absolutely love this car. Just hit 2500 miles. Ive read threads about ticking coming from the doors which i have experienced. But Ive noticed for the first 5 minutes or so of driving in cold weather there is a loud knocking noise coming from the passenger...