GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. MikeASKspeed

NW GA/ Metro Atlanta Emmisions Help!

Anyone running a catless downpipe and able to pass Georgia State emissions? Just moved Down here from NY and never had to worry about passing NY state as my local shop just forced it through. Does anybody know if it`s the same down here or if it will pass GA emissions without the cat? Any input...
  2. MikeASKspeed

ASAP-Need 2 Tires!! NY Nassau/Suffolk

225 40 18-need decent tread to them. I have cash and need tires like yesterday! Pm me!
  3. MikeASKspeed

"FEELER F/S" 2012 GTI 2 6mt UG

I am thinking about selling my GTI due to relocating. I am moving in a few months and need to get myself set up. This is just a feeler to see if its worth it to sell, so here it goes.. 2012 GTI 2 (sunroof + convienence) United Gray 6mt. 20,000 miles since December 2011 (purchased brand new)...
  4. MikeASKspeed

Travel Tip's & Suggestions

What's up everybody? I'm looking for the threads on traveling with your GTI. I can't seem to find them. Could they have possibly merged with other related threads? If so, does anybody have links for them? Thanks a lot!
  5. MikeASKspeed

Sticky This!-NY/NJ/CT (long island) Gasoline Tech.

What's up everyone? I hope everyone and their families are safe after the hurricane. I just want to clear up some controversies about fuel grade.. A buddy of mine works at a BP gas station as an attendant. He cleared up this..93 has its own tank. 87 is separate as well but when you pump (89) or...
  6. MikeASKspeed

What was your last car?

I had a 94 Mustang that I built. 331 dss twin Turbo small block. I was driving that every day to work and school. Full interior with heat, AC and leather. It was not a pleasure to drive and i slowly started to regret building it. Thats when i started looking for something brand new. Looked at...
  7. MikeASKspeed

Fuel System Cleaner

Anyone use any type of fuel system cleaner in your 2.0 tsi's yet? Hurricane forced me to grab gas from a nasty station and my motor hates it. im assuming the gas sat in the tank (at the station) for a while before they got power back and the ethanol broke down plus im sure there was a great deal...
  8. MikeASKspeed

F/S stock exhaust parts local ny-nass/suff

I have the downpipe and cat-back from my 2012. Selling to fund my new cat-back. Local sale only please. I will not ship out. Best offer gets it. Actually the stock tips i cut off and welded 3 1/2" dual wall slant cut polished stainless tips on. Looks amazing! Pm me if interested. Im located in...
  9. MikeASKspeed

Verizon Apple iPhone 4 Local nass/suff NY

I have an iPhone 4 that I used for about 9 months. It was in the otterbox defender case since i puchased the phone so there are absolutely no scratches or dings! The phone works excellent, only problem is the exernal speakers do not work. I dont know if its a software issue or a hadware issue...
  10. MikeASKspeed

LED Conversion 6,000K Local nass/suff NY

I had purchased this about 2 months ago and i forgot to buy the H7 adapters for the bulbs. They are 6,000K with ballasts and all wiring, all you need are those adapters that you set the bulb in and screw into the housing. I paid 100.00 for them looking to get 75 for the complete set. This is a...
  11. MikeASKspeed

MDI USB Adapter

Anybody in the Long Island Nassau/Suffolk area have an mdi usb adapter for sale or possibly trade for my iphone adapter that came with the car. Not paying 40 bucks from vw. Pm me. Thanks
  12. MikeASKspeed

Feeler- MK6 Bolt-On Part Out

I'm parting out my GTI, looking to invest in more important priorties. I have an Ultmate-Racing 3" Stainless downpipe and midpipe no cat and no resinator (5,000 miles). Injen Cold Air kit i believe its the SP tuned series with dry air filter (3,000 miles) New South Boost gauge with boost tap...
  13. MikeASKspeed

12 GTI stage2 6mt vs. c3 corvette

I ran into a customer of mine on a local highway. Mind you i sold him parts and knew he had a 406 sbc that put 505 to the wheels on the dyno. anyway this guy is crazy, war vett (enough said) came along side of him and we already knew what was happening, hes got a 700r4 overdrive so he likes to...
  14. MikeASKspeed

Buyers remorse

I think I came to that point in time where I'm bored of my car. Maybe it's a lack of not being able to really drive it or used to the performance already. It could also be that I keep thinking about what else I could have gotten. This happen to anyone?
  15. MikeASKspeed

Revo software question

Anybody here use the revo software? Maybe this question relates to all software brands. It seems there is a significant decrease in boost pressure with the revo stage 2 software. I have a straight through 3" downpipe. I notice a significant decrease and it doesn't pull as hard as my stage 1...
  16. MikeASKspeed

Mk6 vs. Mk6

Tonight my buddy and I were messing around on the highway. I have a 2012 2 dr with just the revo stage 1 flash running on 91 map and that's it. Factory air box, downpipe factory everything! My buddy has a 2010 2 drwith apr stage 2, straight through 3" dp and. Bsh race intake on a 93 map. We did...
  17. MikeASKspeed

HR springs-what do you think?

Trying to search for threads concerning this topic... Aftermarket springs with factory shocks/struts-looking to eliminate wheel gap. Nothing crazy! Will the HR springs from ecs tuning e sufficient? Maybe somebody can direct me to thread links on this topic? Any help would be great! Thanks.
  18. MikeASKspeed

Finally! Mod bug hit me!

So after flashing to revo stage 1 2 days ago I just ordered the ultimate-racing downpipe 5 minutes ago! As soon as that gets here, installing it and flashing to stage 2! I did plenty of research on the UR downpipe and I hear it fits well and it's excellent quality. Looking toward the install.
  19. MikeASKspeed

What is that chime?

What is that chime that sounds randomly while the outside temp and snowflake thing blink? It happens randomly as I drive.