GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. T

Does TDI come with alarm?

Does anyone know if TDI comes standard with anti theft alarm? If yes, what kind? Meaning, in what case will it trigger.
  2. T

Anti-theft alarm suggestion

What kind of alarm do you suggest? I am looking for something that would trigger when someone touches the car and really loud. Also, something that is not too hard to install - do it yourself sort of alarm. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
  3. T

F/S OEM Euro auto switch with light sensor.

SOLD!!!
  4. T

F/S OEM LED dark red tail lights

SOLD
  5. T

Help me understand car dealerships....

How can a dealer make money if the msrp for a car is $38,500 and the car is sold for $35,500? I would assume that the dealer pays less but selling $3000 below msrp is still a bad deal for the dealer. Any car dealers here to explain this?
  6. T

Unitronic - how reliable are they?

I hear more about APR and REVO and less about Unitronic so I wonder how reliable UNITRONIC is compared to the other two? Unitronic offers Stage 1 and 2 for TDI's so I am thinking of going Stage 2 with them but not sure if there are any risks.
  7. T

High pitch beeping sound

Anytime I turn the car off I hear this high pitch continuous beeping sound (beeeeeeeeeeeeep) for about 10 seconds and it stops, sort of fades. It sounds like it is coming from inside the cabin. It started doing it after I installed the OEM LED tail lights. I am not bothered by it but just...
  8. T

Exhaust shop?

Does anyone know any exhaust shops in NY/NJ area? I have a TDI but want to convert it to GTI. I already ordered a carbon fiber rear valance so I need just a custom Y-pipe, with stainless steel tips, pretty much with no deep sound. I just want a quiet exhaust that's why I am a bit hesitant to buy...
  9. T

What type of dual exhaust do you recommend?

Basically, I want to convert my TDI's rear into GTI, so, I ordered a carbon fiber GTI valance but now I am not sure what type of exhaust to get. Initially, I wanted just a stock GTI exhaust (and I may even go with one) but I want to see other options out there, something with bigger tips...
  10. T

Soccer - EPL title

Did anyone see the Man City vs. QPR game? What a game. I am a Liverpool fan but celebrated like a City fan when City scored that third goal. And seeing Fergie's face when he got the news that City had won the league was PRICELESSSSSSSSSS.
  11. T

How much did you pay for DSG service?

I was told that the DSG service is quite expensive (around $450) but today I did the service at VW dealer and they only charged $140 which basically is a rate for one hour plus $53 for the fluid and tax. So total was about $208 which it is not too bad in my opinion. Most of you probably have...
  12. T

Will an OEM GTI valance (spoiler, diffuser) fit on a TDI?

Tittle says it all. I am planning to make my TDI's rear look like a GTI with dual exhaust. I have my car right now at VW shop and looks like they have a GTI valance in stock but first wanted to check if it would fit the TDI. Thanks in advance for your replies.
  13. T

Is it possible to close windows, sunroof when you lock your car?

Can you use vag com to automatically close all windows and sunroof when you lock the car? Let's say you forget a window open (and here in NYC you don't want to forget anything open), you lock the car with the fob so then windows will close automatically? Is that possible at all?
  14. T

looking to buy 18" Serron wheels and tires (NYC/NJ/CT/PA)

I kind of like the Serron wheels. Anyone selling stock 18" Serron wheels and tires? I am looking to replace my TDI stock tires with those. NY/NJ/CT/PA area or shipped.
  15. T

H7 HID kit 4300k, 5000k or 6000k, which one should I pick?

I am about to order the headlights with leds but I also want to order an H7 HID kit but not sure which bulbs should I choose, 4300k, 5000k, or 6000k. I want the lights to be bright but not yellow or violet/blueish. I want them to be more like a white light and high visibility level. I personally...
  16. T

NYC window tint shop

Does anyone know a good window tinting shop in NYC? Preferably Manhattan but other boroughs as well or even Jersey city. Thanks!
  17. T

TDI exhaust converted to dual GTI

Has any of TDI owners converted the exhaust to dual GTI look alike or even R? This is one of the cosmetic mods that I want to do but wanted to see if anyone has done it.
  18. T

New R headlights different from Eds and others.

BKS-tuning has these new OEM R headlights for sale which are different from the ones with (15 or 10) small LEDs. I kind of like these because the new LED is like a straight line LED at the bottom of the headlight, sort of like the NIKE sign shape. I am not too crazy about the "dot" LEDs (ED's...
  19. T

Liverpool FC - soccer/football

I am a hardcore Liverpool FC fan but man they sure suck big time. They just lost to Fulham at home for the first time in history. Repeating, for the first time in history. They disabled posting on LFC site so I am taking my frustration here. :mad0259:
  20. T

SETUP button missing. Where can I get one?

The SETUP button is missing in my unit. Does anyone know how or where to get one?